Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I always swish reducer around in the cup and get it cleaned out then perculate it with clean thinner and repeat the perculating a few times until the reducer stays clean, i only take my gun apart to clean it about once a month or after i spray white ( how to perculate - turn the air down to about 5 psi and take off the cap and barely screw it back on hold a rag tightly in front of the cap and pull the trigger - the gun basically cycles the paint out of the body and cap back into the cup if you hear it bubbling its working if it doesnt bubble check to make sure the cap is barely threaded or up the pressure a couple of pounds - DO NOT PUT THE LID ON THE CUP WHEN YOU DO THIS

·
SPI Thug
3,274 Posts
i'm with don. i break down ,clean and lube my gun each time. do this and your gun will always be ready when you are. i rinse with thinner and then wipe it down and rinse with urethane reducer . never leave thinner in it.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
What Shine and others said. Remember, Epoxy paints harden in most any environment so you must get all of it out of your gun before it reaches "Pot limit time" or you have really got a challenge on your hands. You want to blow air through ever little hole in the gun and look through each one (good lighted back ground) to make sure it is perfectly clean. This includes your pot vent cap. Particularly important are the little holes in your nozzle cap so you will get a good even spray pattern. Even a partially blocked hole will distort your pattern. These are tiny and they become very difficult to clean out if any paint is left in them.

Trees

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.