Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
CLICK ON MY AVATAR
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the correct way to balance a flex fan?I just installed a new flex fan and it wobbles all over the place.Is there a correct procedure to balance it or is it trial and error?thanks bm

·
Registered
384 Posts
There is nothing like that involved. Bolt it on and go. Better recheck and see if it is all the way on or that your pulley isn't bent.

·
Not Considered a Senior Member
10,722 Posts
Best way to balance a flex fan? easy, bolt on a thermal clutch fan that doesn`t stay engauged all the time and rob power like a flex fan does and also doesn`t make a sound under the hood like a tornado.

·
Pure American Muscle
684 Posts
You can try useing thin washers and a small level and when the level reads even all the way around you should have a balanced fan. There will always be some bend and flex but it will look better then having flap all over the place.

Good luck

·
Super Moderator
6,623 Posts
Sounds like the fan isn't being centered, how do you have it bolted on?:confused:

·
CLICK ON MY AVATAR
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
with 4 bolts and a 1" spacer.The mounting holes on the flexfan are not round,they're oblong.Which means there is room for adjustment.I was just wondering how others balanced theirs.Its no big deal.....i'll just fiddle with it until its right.My spacer is too small anyways. bm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts