Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
!969 Chevy C20 Roadster
22 Posts
What is the lowest profile SBC 4 barrel aluminum intake?

I currently have a performer. Anything lower would be better.
What is the lowest profile SBC 4 barrel aluminum intake?

I currently have a performer. Anything lower would be better.
Looking into it a bit further ...the single plane manifolds like the Torker 2 and Weiand IMCA #7547 are the lowest but they will not have the low end street response you get from your current performer duel plane

·
Registered
348 Posts
GM made an aluminum 4 bl intake and it can be found on 1980-87 305 Chevy engines. These are exactly the same has a cast iron 4 bl intakes. I believe GM did this as a way of saving weight.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
we have a stock 4 barrel aluminum in our pile pf parts I have no idea what year or car or truck we had 4 donor cars . it has blue paint.
Looking into it a bit further ...the single plane manifolds like the Torker 2 and Weiand IMCA #7547 are the lowest but they will not have the low end street response you get from your current performer duel plane
Is this a small scale tractor pull rig or farm racer of sorts?

·
Owner of a broken cart
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you. Does anyone know how tall the Edelbrock SP2P intake is (like compared to performer etc)
From what im finding online, it looks like (for my specific low idle, low rpm/high torque application) the edelbrock sp2p is what I would probably want... performance wise.

·
More for Less Racer
20,943 Posts
Thank you. Does anyone know how tall the Edelbrock SP2P intake is (like compared to performer etc)
From what im finding online, it looks like (for my specific low idle, low rpm/high torque application) the edelbrock sp2p is what I would probably want... performance wise.
IIRC, it is about the same height, just really small runners to supposedly promote high velocity of the intake charge. Pretty close to the same height as a stock 4 barrel intake.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
ya, that sounds interesting. Message me price and details if you could please.
It belongs to my son and he just bought a 59 El camino that is missing engine and transmission. I was thinking you could check bone yards. I have bought factory Mustang 5.0 alumunum 4 barrels manifolds for $ 25. most factory manifolds are low profile. My son helped a friend who owns a wrecking yard crush cars and any cars with the big red x were free to canabalize, just bring back the scrap.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.