Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
HEAD GREASEWHORE
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 350 Engine block painted flat black with a glass top as a coffee table in my rec room..... it stands on the oil pan and I have 2 V6 blocks flat black with glass tops that stand up on end as end tables on each end of a back seat couch ........ anyone do anything crazy with car parts just cause ya got bored? Or am I the only bored nut bar here?

Pup

·
1955 2nd series Chevy Pick Up
282 Posts
So my house has nothing in it...but my office has a few things... damaged parts from a race car, parking meter, a real wood steering wheel from the 1930's, a wood spoked wheel, old blow torch, real old horn, car models, truck models, grille from a Jag, Chevy shop clock, and a P-51 mustang ceiling fan.

Soon to be added are some Ford dealership model cars from the late 50s and early 60's. My wife grandfather worked at a dealership and kept a few of them. Also I just got the front air dam from a race car that didn't fit the car so I have to paint it and mount it on the wall somewhere.

If you have anything to add just send it my way....I'm always looking for stuff.

Oh yeah I will be adding the bench seat from my 55 Chevy truck as soon as I get to it.

Pup you need to post some pics of the engines in the house.

look out the window into the shop and you can make out my cab of my 55 truck.

Attachments

·
Race The Truck
675 Posts
Right now It would be Sand paper. HF,Checker Auto PepBoys, LMC sale paper's. Easwood. Fourwheeler SuperChevy HotRod,Truckin, LMC, BTW they make great place mats around the dinner table. All over the computer desk for easy reference. :thumbup:

Craig

·
HEAD GREASEWHORE
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bad Rat said:
PUP,, you don't move the furniture very often ,like most women I assume :thumbup:
Damn straight I dont .. those suckers are heaaaavy ! but i can vacuum around them quite nicely ..... i dont have to worry about chipping the wood .. or scratchin anything ! :thumbup: and they dust off quite nice!

Pup

·
or Jeff, or Doc, or...
989 Posts
KIm, we need to have words.

1.) Greasewhores DO NOT VACUUM!!! They use a 3 horse leaf blower.
2.) Greasewhores DO NOT DUST!!!!! See #1

Question..... Why do anything inside the house? Youre SUPPOSED to be in the garage young lady!

·
HEAD GREASEWHORE
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
YOU got that right Been ... I would much rather be in the garage ,,, or... the barn .. or well hell anywhere besides the house.. gawed i hate the house.. its .. sooooo .. umm .. sooo domesticated like ... :nono: totally not me!

Pup

·
Lost in the 50s!
758 Posts
I had a house full of monte carlo parts until I got rid of it last fall. The interior was in the back bedroom (seats, door panels, steering column, guages, AC system) and most of the front end parts were in the second bedroom closet.

Now I am down to a sway bar in the living room corner (need to install that!) and whatever is in the garage. I have a set of autometer guages in my bedroom in a box.

Nothing else in the house as far as car parts. :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
A couple of sets of SBC heads & some GM roller lifter stuff & a Ford roller cam in the living room, a couple of Chevy cams in the front bedroom, used to be a freshly rebuilt VW 40hp in the living room, but it got relegated to the store room when I moved.

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
In my bedroom, there is an old Ford external voltage regulator screwed to the wall, IDK why I did it, but it's there it came off my Falcon. other than that, just got a hubcap hanging on the wall.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Nothing really off the wall but polished up a crankshaft out of a Bronco motor and carried it home in my backpack from high school a few years ago lol. Funny as hell setting it down and everyone would hear a massive clunk and just stare like I had a bomb or something of that nature in my backpack. :D Thinking about turning it into some sort of lamp related thing sometime, but for now it's just purely for looks spawning up from a japanese wooden stand. Looks pretty good. Still not sure what to do with the 2 pistons and the camshaft I also took home. :mwink:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not in the house, but in the garage, I've started a wall of shame/pain.
Right now, it has a door skin off of my uncles race car when I "Nudged" into another car, a shock that the shaft is bent, A 5 piece camshaft from an international truck, 3 pistons from a CAT 3306 Diesel, A turbo from a CAT 3306 that is windowed, A melted Holley 750 that didn't survive a "small" engine fire, A NoS banner,Drivers side fender that WAS on my Chevelle that looks like it was used for target practice for a BB gun, My 80 El Camino's rear end cover that has a picture window in it, Old hand tools that were my great grandfathers, and a collection of empty Pepsi cans,an empty Southern Comfort bottle, and 3 empty Jaegermeister bottles. All bring back GREAT memories! :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.