Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
More for Less Racer
20,942 Posts
Radiator type water drain percock, same drain fitting that is in a copper/brass old school radiator 1980's or older GM vehicle.

It's screwed into the lower drain plug location on each side of the block.
Typically a race thing, since a lot of tracks ban antifreeze in the cooling system(it's slippery and hard to clean up) so the owner can drain the system full of straight water for winter storage. so you don't freeze crack the block.
You'll also find them on boat engines too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok i was just looking and saw them right by the motor mounts and wondered what they was. Would you know anything about how i could change to a shorty water pump? i got one from my grandpa looks brand new out of the box and i think it’d be cool to throw it on there but i don’t know.

·
More for Less Racer
20,942 Posts
Ok i was just looking and saw them right by the motor mounts and wondered what they was. Would you know anything about how i could change to a shorty water pump? i got one from my grandpa looks brand new out of the box and i think it’d be cool to throw it on there but i don’t know.
If the engine currently has a long water pump, changing to a short water pump means all the pulleys and accessory drive brackets have to also be changed to short style.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Radiator type water drain percock, same drain fitting that is in a copper/brass old school radiator 1980's or older GM vehicle.

It's screwed into the lower drain plug location on each side of the block.
Typically a race thing, since a lot of tracks ban antifreeze in the cooling system(it's slippery and hard to clean up) so the owner can drain the system full of straight water for winter storage. so you don't freeze crack the block.
You'll also find them on boat engines too.
Correction , petcock ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok i was trying to get this plug out and this mf is super stuck and starting to strip. what should i do about this? leave it and just use a switch for my electric fans?
Automotive tire Body jewelry Jewellery Circle Automotive wheel system

1 - 6 of 6 Posts