Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Analog man in a digital world.
2,252 Posts
Why are you wasting time on here asking us?! :eek: You should be making arrangements to get it back here NOW!!! That answer your question? ;)

BTW I'm just north of you between Monmouth and the Q-C. Have them drop it off at my house first so I can "inspect" it for you. :mwink:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
he he he

I just moved to Peoria, IL so im not sure where Q-C is....

My retired dad has the car in california. He's not going to restore it.

I asked here because I noticed a couple of posts on 66 Chargers here. Incidentally, thanks to the knowledge on this site, I completed my first beautiful bc/cc job on my 66 Mustang.

Take Care!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tail light lens... ive been hearing that for i dont know how long... No, it does not have a tail light lens. I just started my research on car today and don't know where to buy parts. not NPD or YearOne or.....

this is going to be a hard one to shop for. I dont think they even made 40,000 of these. they wouldn't sell back then

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've got a 66 Charger, these cars were either love it or hate it, body style. There is a 66-67 Charger website with lots of info. The only parts that are impossible to get are the grill end pieces, called C chromes. Other than that stuff is out there, but not cheap.

·
Analog man in a digital world.
2,252 Posts
hgufrin said:
I just moved to Peoria, IL so im not sure where Q-C is....

Welcome to Illinois! :welcome:

Q-C is the "Quad Cities", Moline & Rock Island, IL and Davenport & Bettendorf, IA. Head West on I-74 and you'll run right into (sort of ). If you're into drag racing they have a pretty nice strip at Cordova just up river from the Q-C. (Mississippi River that is not the Illinois River ;) ) There used to be an 1/8th mile at Havana, IL but I don't know if it's still there or not.

·
Registered
103 Posts
66 charger

a man here in town has a 66 charger,he said it is #497 the last one off the assembly line. it has a 440 w/726 auto,red w/black interior. a friend of mine in N.C. has a 66 from CA. it is red w/maroon interior,very rare. it has a 383 w/auto trans.he wants to restore it since all #'s match. good luck on your choice.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I appreciate the input.

Bullheadbum,
fortunately the only thing that needs to be replaced (exterior) is the tail light lens.

As a child in the 70's I do remember that beautiful dash lighting up....

·
Ford Man to the bone!!!
112 Posts
Never cared for them back in the day... I saw one a few years back with an FX treatment. It was big and bad looking. (In a good way of course.) I say get it now before you someday say "If only..." :spank:

·
Tow Chainer
245 Posts
I like them but i also like 64-65 barracudas. The lines could have been smoother, but it was a transition into the long sleek cars of the later 60's from the boxy early 60's. I like the way the interior on some was laid out didn't some/all have fold down rear seats? kinda made me think of a space ship for some reason.

They are the least liked charger. Kinda the runt of a good litter? But even they are getting kind of pricey lately, not like a 69, 70 but getting up there from a few years ago. If your looking for more info on them I suggest visiting:

www.moparts.com

If you have not already.

·
Banned
9 Posts
66 charger

4 years ago I was offered one for $24,000, as it was a local car that belonged to a 75 year old couple with low miles (the car) with a dual quad HEMI..called my Mopar friends, and they said it was to ugly (which I agree) and the price was to high...should have bought it....

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
in the current issue of Muscle Car Review, there is an original Hemi Charger. They call it a "Survivor" meaning that it made it all these years without being restored or anything. Can't imagine what it is worth.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.