Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, here in SA, Texas I've seen quite a few trucks that are painted with a texture like that of a rhino bed liner. Its real bumpy to the touch and usually tinted to match what ever color they want its supposed to be very scratch resistant in the brush. Can someone tell me what type of paint this is and where I could purchase some?

Thanks

MP

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,296 Posts
There are plenty of bed liners you can apply yourself and then just paint over it. But there are also bed liners that are applied with special equipment that can be applied in many many colors most looking darn close to the original color of the truck.

Brian

·
Car? Truck? Who Cares
2,485 Posts
See that on the hunting wagons around here.
I know a guy that does it, but he has moved to a different location.
I have been told that he has moved to a building in China Grove.
Just a mile or 2 past Flores Bros.
I will look into it this afternoon if I have the time.

Bryan

You get that pick-up straightened out yet??

·
Paintshop Dog
404 Posts
You may try to get in touch with Cobraliner, They have a clear bed liner spray. :thumbup: It is not as thick as Rhinoliner, but has a little gloss. And it seems to be very durable on the samples I've sprayed. The biggest problem with the product is, that it does not behave well, at all, in low temp. I was very impressed with the product, and thought of my dad's 77 FJ40 when I saw it :drool: . But, NO, He just spray-bombs his. :p He says "It's easier to fix, if it don't have to look good". Those off-road guys are a whole other breed. But, you gotta dig those rock-crawlers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts