Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The image is of a 66 Ford Galaxie with a Griffin radiator. I would like brackets just like those for my 65 Tempest with a Griffin radiator. Does anyone know know where to find them? They are not original equipment on that car, I already looked. They look OEM for something. Look familiar to anybody?
Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't look home made to me. They look too manufactured for that even though it looks like rubber tubing for cushions. I already have home made with neoprene tubing for cushions and they look home made. That's why I asked. I think someone has seen these somewhere.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Piece of 1x7x.120(1/8") bar
Throw it in the forge/over the firepit(on a grill)/over the oxy/acc till it is red hot
Take it over to the vise and bend
Heat again then bend again
Boom you have your bend

Now drill your holes and make the finish cuts
Slide some rubber inside some thin wall tubing and fit it onto the radiator placing the bracket on top and maintaining proper spacing.
Tack it once your happy with the fit then finish weld.
Paint.

For a finished look that will be lighter you can take the thing to someone with a 3d printer and they can print one off within a day. My cheap butt still does not have a 3d printer yet. But this is one part I would make on one. Still use the rubber of course as isolation. But you will be able to have webbing and gussets as well as adding a logo or something as this highly viewed area using 3d printing.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Don't look home made to me. They look too manufactured for that even though it looks like rubber tubing for cushions. I already have home made with neoprene tubing for cushions and they look home made. That's why I asked. I think someone has seen these somewhere.
Definitely home made ,OEM radiator brackets are made from stamped sheet stock .

·
Old(s) Fart
6,016 Posts
They are just flat stock bent and welded. I've made similar brackets. And apologies to Cerial, but I doubt you even need to heat them to make those bends. I've done that in a bench vice.

·
Administrator
10,122 Posts
Brackets look home made. Nice. I have similar setup on my cross flow radiator I installed in my 1962 Ford Falcon

·
Race it, Don't rice it!
8,821 Posts
I do the the same thing except use nutserts in the top if the radiator and on the radiator support as well as the the top of the fan should so the brackets is attached to all three so I don't have to worry about the nuts and washers and faster disassembly.
Lots of people assume "home made" has too look junkie. Lots of us make "home made stuff" look nicer than anything bought.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.