Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the derp post but I have recently purchased a Datsun that has a 350 chev small block fitted in it and have no idea what exactly it is.
its definitely and older motor I was thinking 70s maybe 80s, it is carbed.
basically I was wondering.. is there an easy way to determine what sbc it is?

any help appreciated.

·
Registered
578 Posts
casting numbers from the belhousing area on the drivers side and in front of the passenger side head theres a pad with numbers stamped in it. if the block has ever been decked those stamped numbers will be gone

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sbc id

Our friend is correct but the casting numbers will tell you when it was made also and if it is newer than 1986 , the size will be there too . This cast at the drivers side rear just before the tranny housing . Basically over from the distrib. on the back of the engine. Itll be greasy but these numbers wont get milled off . I have THEE chevy numbers book so Ill be happy to help with any number deciphering . JR vothtrucks

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
Sorry for the derp post but I have recently purchased a Datsun that has a 350 chev small block fitted in it and have no idea what exactly it is.
its definitely and older motor I was thinking 70s maybe 80s, it is carbed.
basically I was wondering.. is there an easy way to determine what sbc it is?

any help appreciated.
Welcome to hotrodders!

ID Chevy engines

Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.