Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know everyone here is into hotrodding and cars in general, but what else?

I collect antique fishing lures, reels, and rods.

I'm into R/C Trucks, not the slow kiddie stuff, the 40mph+ ones, I've raced in a few competitions took first place once.

I was involved in Lionel trains for a while, that has sort of been put on hold.

Music, not playing, just listening.

Oh I maintain an aquarium, always thought fish were cool.

I guess thats about it.

Mike

·
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry about that akm, when I made this thread two identical threads ended up in the lounge, I believe NAIRB locked the other one for me. But please spend the next 10 minutes typing in this one, it will remain open.

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
Hobbies

I build model cars,have been doing it for ?? years.My son found my box the other day,when we moved in our new house I did not unpack them.He is about ready
Art.I draw and paint,primarily watercolors.My sketches are mostly evil as my wife tends to call them.
This stupid computer keeps me occupied prettywell also
X-Box-Man I love shooter games,and sports games
Music-I listen to everything from JimCroce to Slayer-None of that rap garbage here though.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I like music. I play electric guitar and acoustic. More into the 50's-60's and 70's-80's metal/rock than the newer stuff they call music these days.
I have a thing for fire, like lighters, fireworks and anything to do with fire.
I have a thing for knifes, collect as many as I can.
I also have a thing for guns, but sadly I don't have one.
I love mountain biking (downhill) and I love building bikes.
I love to play soccer and any other sport but I'm not good at any of them. I just enojoy playing them.
I like fishing but don't go too often, maybe once a month.
One of my biggest hobby is go-karting, man I could waste my whole monthly earnings in a day when I'm at the kart track.

that's about all I can think of.........
oh ghetto, I also like RC Cars but all I can afford is stock ones, maybe some day I can afford a nitro powered one........I'd also loooooooooooove to have an RC Plane, really like planes as well.

Mike

·
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nightfire check out ebay, they go very cheap.

Coldknock what are you running. I have an RC10T2, right now I have a Tieken Titan speed controller, D4 Copperhead 10 Turn motor in it, it flies. When I go to the races I run a 19 turn Speed Gems. All the other guys are running 27 to 23 turns to last through the 5 minute heats, the nickel metal hydrate batteries I have give me just enough juice to to keep the 19 turn going as long as the 23 and 27 turns do with nickel cadium batteries. People started getting suspicious about what setup I was running after the second heat the first day I raced so I ripped all the labels off.

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
uhh, I collect weapons, guns, knives, swords.

I play upright bass, guitar and used to be in a couple of bands as a singer/ bass player early in college. Just an excuse to drink and meet chicks really.

I try to drink on a regular basis.

I build computers whenever I get the hankering, I like doing that.

I used to be a runner, but not so much anymore.

Like to study language, but German is the only one that really stuck-

K

·
What to write here?
41 Posts
Hobbies and Interests...

*Fishing as long as it's not for pike because they scare the heck out of me
*Camping
*Hunting (though only the stalking not the kill)
*Target Practice
*Sewing and designing children's clothing, bedding and hair accessories
*Gymnastics
*Gardening
*ATV'ing
*Snowshoeing and Cross Country Skiing
*Hiking
*Road trips or long drives outside the city limits
*Photography
*Any kind of music but newer rap...mainly country and classic rock
*Woodworking and furniture making

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Ghetto Jet said:
Nightfire check out ebay, they go very cheap.

Coldknock what are you running. I have an RC10T2, right now I have a Tieken Titan speed controller, D4 Copperhead 10 Turn motor in it, it flies. When I go to the races I run a 19 turn Speed Gems. All the other guys are running 27 to 23 turns to last through the 5 minute heats, the nickel metal hydrate batteries I have give me just enough juice to to keep the 19 turn going as long as the 23 and 27 turns do with nickel cadium batteries. People started getting suspicious about what setup I was running after the second heat the first day I raced so I ripped all the labels off.
RC12L4 on road, Tekin 420G2, 6 2400nimh panasonics, Reedy 9-turn single, Airtronics 3PS, and a Novak reciever. RC10L3 touring chassis with the same setup and 12 cells. There's an indoor carpet track nearby so most of my stuff is geared for that now.

I still have a couple of Losi XX Kinwald edition buggies ones I play with and the other's still in the box.

Larry

·
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Man I've been dying to make a 12cell battery. I have and old carpet track car that I bought off of ebay that I've been screwing around with. I've been letting both of them collect dust lately but my interest has been re-newed.

Ever clock your RC12L4?

They're is a shop about 30 miles away from me that sells a completely custom built, by them, nitro car that they guarantee 75mph out of. I was a good customer at one time and I talked the guy working there into taking the on in the display case out into the big parking lot and cranking it up. I was impressed.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Well, other than cars I'm into-

Chicks- yea, I like them.

R/C cars- I'm looking to win the fastest R/C car in the world competition next summer. Turbine powered Jet-A burning 30" long 150+ mph land rocket.

Music- I play bass, guitar, keys, and drum programming for dance records. Got my degree in Audio Engineering in NYC and I've run studios before. I play everything from chill ambient to dance to hard rock. I also collect cds, records, etc.

Online RPGs- Started with Ultima Online 5 years ago and now I'm mainly in City of Heroes but still hang in UO from time to time.

I fly planes- been a pilot for a few years and it's so much fun. It's scary at times because if something goes wrong, you could be in the express lane to a lower than ground level altitude.

I love to travel- I feel that I have to see everything at least once in my life so I try and go somewhere new at least once a year. So far I've bee nto Italy, Spain, France, England, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Monaco, Hungary, and this winter I'll be adding Isreal, Palastine, Jordan, Egypt, and hopefully Cypris to the list.

Did I mention chicks?

Oh yea, I help run one of the state F-Body car clubs.

·
Got Ouzo for touzo
415 Posts
Guess I'm not the only one into nitro RC. I have three nitro monster trucks, they haven't got a whole lotta use this season though. I also have two salt water aquariums, man me and Getto do the same stuff. Now you just gotta buy a race car!

bonuts

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.