Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to paint my 85 silverado. About 3 months ago one of my buddies helped me with the body work and we primered it with duplicolor primer from oreilley's what would i need to do to paint it, would i have to sand it down and reprime it or can i sand and paint i want to use a BC/CC on it but this will be my 1st time spraying anything besides primer what do you guys recommend me using and how much of each would i need i want to do the best job possible but i realize i am learning too so if i screw it up i accept the fact i will be sanding it off also will it be easier to do 1 panel at a time ? thanks

·
Administrator
18,635 Posts
With the cost of paint today, I would try an acrylic enamal for my 1st job. If you screw it up, it wouldn't have cost you a small foirtune.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
is that the paint they sell at oreilleys ive heard of urethane enamel what would be the difference? does it ususally just mix with a hardener? What size tip should i use when spraying it?

P.S. what is the difference between acrylic enamel and laquer i found both on ebay and might buy it just to leanr how to paint which would be better?

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Read this post . It was contributed by one of our paint professionals and should answer most of your questions.

Centerline

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok i got it now it looks like i want to sand down my primer and use a sealer and then i can paint everything i read says that urethane enamel is not very good but it is cheap wha would be my cheapest option bc/cc with enough paint tp paint my truck? and would it provide room for error(like could i sand part of it down if i screwed up and redo just that part)?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.