Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have a 83 coupe deville street rod project and i need a posi rear, i have a deal on a 83 monte SS rear end that is posi will that bolt up? if not can i make brackets or is it to short/long? any info on rear ends i can find in the scrap yard that will work would be VERY helpful :) thanks alot everyone!

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
:)

I hate to be the one to tell you this BUT 1983 Cadillacs are very HEAVY........( that translates politely as SLOW ) It will take a lot more horsepower to just keep up with a regular car with decent power. With that being said.........there are almost no performance parts made for the later Cadillacs :embarrass

The Hollander does NOT list any rear ends to work under the Cadillac....which means major fabrication. At 16.......are you up to it or have someone who can help?

My advice to you is........to enjoy the Cadillac for what it is, a good riding, attractive luxury ride that can impress folks when cleaned up and detailed out. The can be very dependable and trouble free. Save your money for a more common performance vehicle ( that means LIGHTER and Faster ) and easier to do.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well the prob is i have 2 cars now and my dad said no more cars on the proporty and my good car is put up for the winter, so the caddy is really all i got to mess with, i dont think i can sell it for what i bought/put into it cuz it has its flaws including needing a floor pan so yea... ill work with it, somthin to do

·
Registered
806 Posts
Kenny, if I was you I wouldn't worry about doing a rear end swap or anything high po to that caddy, if you wanna mess with it - do the body work needed it's a skill I'd love to hone more. The mechanical part seems to come fairly easy for me, its the bodywork that takes REAL talent. :pimp:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
At this point forget about performance....PIMP IT OUT:pimp: Like oldschoorods said, do the bodywork and get rid of all the rust. I dont know if its running or not, but if it is running I'd clean up the engine bay a bit and get some chrome dress up stuff.
Then I'd drop it to the floor with some big 18's spinners (even though not my sytle) and paint it hot pink:mwink: some fuzzy dice and you're all set to go out there and :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Mike

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i bought fuzzy dice when i bought my gauges actully lol ;) but ya i think ill go ahead and do my lowrider idea with the lac and get a g-body to"hotrod" , and 18" spinners? thats just wrong... lol 13's and 14" spokes :pimp:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts