Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
58/58
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be removing the doors on my 58 ford, (Painting)... I have been thru this nightmare before and would really like to avoid it...That is putting them back on straight. Right now they close like a new Cadillac . Any tricks to keep the alignment straight so they will go back on in the exact same position as when they came off. :mad:

·
Evil Wicked Mean And Nasty
13,765 Posts
You can drill a small hole in the door where the hinge mounts on the body, Drill one at the top hinge and at the bottom. Then when you hang the doors back on take the bit you used or get some pins that exact size place in the holes for alignment . Cole

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
eloc431962 said:
You can drill a small hole in the door where the hinge mounts on the body, Drill one at the top hinge and at the bottom. Then when you hang the doors back on take the bit you used or get some pins that exact size place in the holes for alignment . Cole
That suggestion works like a charm and is exactly what I did on my34 when I was ready to pull them off for paint.

Vince

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.