Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
plan on putting on a new carb on 31 ford coupe with 327 chev xe 268 cam with afr 180 heads turbo 350 trans. somewhere in the 355 range rear gear in a 650 holley too big and should I go with manual or vacum secondarys? thanks John

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I,ve got a 331" sbc in my '32, Edelbrock alum heads, XE262H cam and a 650 Vac. sec Holley. Not really too big, but you could easily get away with a Holley Street Avenger 570 Vac sec carb. The XE 268 may be a little stout but it will sure sound good, all depends on how streetable you want it to be. Nevertheless, run a Vac. Sec. carb on the street, good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for th info its been a while since i have played with cars had a 650 on a 355 manual double pumper. in a 67 camaro but had a 4 speed with 373 gear worked fine. this is my first auto trans vehicle. want it to be streetable. hopefullt the cam will not be too big. anyway thanks for the info. will go with a 600 vacum secondary. probably... thalks again.

·
Technical Support Barry Grant
1,500 Posts
Stick vacuum secondary with the automatic. We'd go with a 575 on your combination.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hay steve still have bike 2001 head quarters powered roadking. ordered a 575 speed deamon. hope it will work did not think a 268 was that big for a 327. with such a light car I figured it would work out good. I will find out. time will tell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts