Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a model a coupe with a big block in it. says it is a chevy 427. block number is T0211TUA I couldn't find it listed in block codes. Does anyone know what it is.

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
I bought a model a coupe with a big block in it. says it is a chevy 427. block number is T0211TUA I couldn't find it listed in block codes. Does anyone know what it is.
Here is a page w/info on ID'ing the castings. Here's a page on ID'ing various Chevy engines.

I'm not seeing that TUA suffix code. If the suffix is correct that could mean you have a truck engine- they are sometimes left out of the data bases. You'll want to check to see if you have a tall deck block or not before proceeding to build it. If it turns out you have a TD block, here is a thread on a budget build up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
model a motor ID

Thanks for all your help, found out that motor is a 427 truck block . Now I need to try to find LKQ spacer for manifold and special electronic dist. Thanks again . couper

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.