Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i heard a tapping that sounded like valve knock and well thats what it was....anyway what happened was the #7 intake pushrod had mushroomedon the rocker side and im not exactly sure why it would have done that. i know it was loose but the only scarring i found was the concave part of the rocker where the pushrod sits. and it wanst bad at all. so cmon all you gurus....im stumped. is it just from it slappin up against the rocker? i thought that they were hardened steel? wouldnt the rocker give first? ohh there was also two little scars on the spring retainer.

·
More for Less Racer
20,929 Posts
Putting old pushrods with new rockers can lead to failure of the pushrod tip, which will then mess up the rocker. This will be a higher possibility if the rocker isn't greased with assembly lube in the pushrod socket when they are first installed. Almost have to treat them like cam and lifters when new. Factory pushrods aren't exactly "precision" items either, sourced from the cheapest bidding supplier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.