Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heck can I do?? The door latch in my 84 Camaro came apart. the door is shut and locked. All the inner rods have came loose and I cannot open the drivers door. I grabbed my lock out kit, and after 2 hours am still not able get enough leverage to push the lock down while pushing the release down at the same time. What a pain in the butt. I can't remove the door panel with the door shut because of where the front of the panel nestles along side the dash. Any help would be greatly appriciated..

·
Just one of the guys
3,074 Posts
First..why can't you unlock it from the inside?
Secind...if not, how the hell did ALL the rods fall off
Third...Sounds to me like you might have to unbolt a fender then unbolt the hinges.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well this could be a long story, so I'll keep it as short as possible. The car was given to me from the old man, it sat for many years(45,000 original miles). I headed down south to driver her home, I noticed when I got in it that he had a small block of wood holding the lock(electric) in the open position. The door opened fine. It's a 3 hour drive to the house, on the way home that small block of wood fell out. Not a big deal or so I thought. Upon arriving at the house the door would not unlock, manually or electricaly. I crawled out the passenger side and tried it with the key, felt it turn and ping ping, there went the rods. Rolled down the drivers window, grabbed the pen light and clear as day you can see them sitting at the bottom of the door. So ithis is a new car for me and the problems are already starting.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Any chance you can see to hook a piece of bent welding rod on the latch release lever?
You could take the other side apart to see exactly what is required.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts