Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago i posted a ? about an XE268 camshaft that i purchased from summit, and wether i should return it to summit, because i already had the High Energy 268, that was given back to me from my brother for which he no longer needed. Well i returned the XE268 to summit, and while doing so i got a big itch for a Retro-Fit Roller cam for my 350 sbc, so i added some more cash with my refund and i purchased the 12-422-8 that has a (.495 in. .502 ex)(.218 in. 224 ex @50)(1600 to 5400 rpm range) all i got was the cam, thinking i'dd save up for the lifters, springs at a later date. But as its looking now, im not gonna see those lifters and springs for another 6 months. I guess it was just one of those things where i just had to have it, all though i still have the High Energy 268 cam, i guess im just wandering if i made a bad move purchaseing the roller cam, since i had every thing for a flat tappet valve train ready to go. Once again my set up is a 76 GMC Sierra short bed, a 350 sbc with KB .030 hyper flat top pistons, 9.2 c/r, S/R Torquer heads 76cc chambers and 170cc runners, an Edelbrock EPS performer @ 600 cfm carb, saginaw 3-speed, 3.40 gears. Is the roller cam worth the wait or should i take it back to?:confused: (Please Advise) ThanX

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
If you have the patience wait for the roller cam hardware etc. If not you can always install the flat tappet now, and then swap the roller in later. It would just be more work.

I think you need to ask yourself if it is worth it.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah yor right there lluciano77 since you put it that, while going over some of the other posts i've read about flat tappet cams loosing lobes for what ever reason, it would problebly be worth more to me to even give the flat tappet stuff to goodwill or somebody just because i dont want to deal with the flattening issues.:evil: :pimp: :thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts