Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.
5,122 Posts
I'd get a new (steel) fitting on the left in brass that has the same thread and the proper nipple size. It won't flow more than the small brass one anyway.

I wonder where you are using this.

·
Violating consensual reality
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi guys. This is will be used on a '64 Nova with a 6. The line goes from the water pump to the custom intake heat plate and then another from the intake to the heater core. The Water pump to intake half has been sorted out.

Strummin

·
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.
5,122 Posts
Well, OK. It is not going to move much water, but it's your ball game.

I'd still just use brass in place of the steel, with a reducer if necessary to get to the same barb size.

edited; Ford used to make a restrictor fitting like the one on the left but with a 1/4 or 5/16 hole through it. You could turn its outside diameter down to the smaller barb size.... nnaaaaaawww.

·
Violating consensual reality
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I need to find a male to male or a combination of male/female reducers to make this work. The car doesn't get raced and the steel end you see pictured actually has about the same ID as the brass fitting. Remember this needs to mate with a heater core fitting.

Strummin

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.