Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 86 camaro that will weigh 3000lbs on the line 60 over 350 with cast ft,062 vortec heads, rpm air gap,comp xe27h cam,th350,3500 stall,3.42 gear,running water pump and alternator only. whats a good estimate on what it will run i figure mid 12s but i could be way off waht do you guys think and if you need more info just ask thank you

·
Premium Member
11,051 Posts
I say some where's in the 13's first past.You should be able to get it lower..But you can get 100 answer here,But you will never know until you go to the track.. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well im about 2 weeks away from having it ready for the track and i know every body has different opinions but i figured this was a pretty common setup so i could get an ideal

·
Instagram: partsretriever
1,624 Posts
I'd go to 3.73s if you want to run it at the track much. Current gearing is a good mix... a little on the highway side, but your camaro was made after the EPA started bossing the auto industry around.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ChevelleSS_LS6 said:
I'd go to 3.73s if you want to run it at the track much. Current gearing is a good mix... a little on the highway side, but your camaro was made after the EPA started bossing the auto industry around.
the epa dont do much bossing where im from lol and your right il probbaly get a 3.73 or 4.10, this is just my fun car so im not ''too'' worried about freeway driving but i would like to be able to drive it to the track whitch is about 30 miles from home but i can take the scenic route and leave a few minutes early

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
str8lnr said:
i have an 86 camaro that will weigh 3000lbs on the line 60 over 350 with cast ft,062 vortec heads, rpm air gap,comp xe27h cam,th350,3500 stall,3.42 gear,running water pump and alternator only. whats a good estimate on what it will run i figure mid 12s but i could be way off waht do you guys think and if you need more info just ask thank you
You might get into the 12's, but you will have to have a stellar (for that set-up) 60 foot to do it (1.7 range), needs GOOD tires, GOOD tune and posi at least, otherwise you will struggle to get into the 13's much less the 12's. You could seal the deal w/a posi + 3.73's, IMO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.