Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Gang,

So here's my dilemma. The '69 has no motor, and stock 6cyl steering, suspension, and looks like hell right now. My girlfriend refuses to let me sell it, and promises to help restore it.

I'm wanting to go witha buddy's '95 GTS instead because I feel that 140+ will be much easier and safer to attain. That's really all that matters to me in this whole ordeal, bottom line.

So money and time aside, what all would it take to get my '69 in safe enough shape to handle that kind of speed, handle well enough to put a few G's on the corners, and not need the jaws of life to get me out of it?

It's seriously about time for me to start turning some wrenches again and I'd like to get some input from the folks that helped me get this fire started in the first place.

MoocH :welcome:

·
Just one of the guys
3,074 Posts
If you decide to keep the '69, look it over real well underneath. Those old Mustangs held a lot of rust. If you are wanting to hit 140 out of it, it will take some serious coin. Moreso than the '95 as you are really going to have to redo the complete suspension to handle it.
On the other hand, I had a '69 coupe like yours sans the vinyl top. It was pretty quick and a blast to drive.
My vote would be go for the '95.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.