Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got this guy on base who has a 73' corvette stingray and according to him it's a smallblock 350 with four on the floor. Now me personally I have never been much of a stingray fan,however,something tells me this just might be gold. So I'm asking to all my hotrod/stingray guys out there what could this potentially be ? He is asking $2400.00 o.b.o and says the motor was just build recently. He being a bike guy could really give to ****s about this car I being a car guy but already having a project on my hands I can't really afford another one. So what I'm asking is should I buy it and hold on to it or leave it alone as a 73 vette that needs some real loving ? :confused:

·
Crazier By The Minute
113 Posts
I have not seen any running anyyear,non wrecked Vette any cheaper. I have owned 4 Vettes including a 57. I do not know the current value of a 73. Hopefully,You will get some other feedback.Bud

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What I will do today is get some pictures and see if cranks,otherwise you think it's worth it ? It's all in one piece and with simple fixes,brakes and fuel lines it will run and drive under it's own power...

·
Registered
187 Posts
$2,400 for a '73? Jump on it and resell it. But, that depends on what shape it's in.

Wow! I was born in Agana Heights, Guam. Cue "It's a small world".

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
See that's the thing it's Guam man I'm talking about Guam and stuff in Guam rust alot and often. I'm going to go take pics later this week and I'll post them for you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
even if it's so rusty it's literally falling apart (birdcage & frame) it's still worth more than that in parts alone if the car is complete.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Blackbob said:
So I got this guy on base who has a 73' corvette stingray and according to him it's a smallblock 350 with four on the floor. Now me personally I have never been much of a stingray fan,however,something tells me this just might be gold. So I'm asking to all my hotrod/stingray guys out there what could this potentially be ? He is asking $2400.00 o.b.o and says the motor was just build recently. He being a bike guy could really give to ****s about this car I being a car guy but already having a project on my hands I can't really afford another one. So what I'm asking is should I buy it and hold on to it or leave it alone as a 73 vette that needs some real loving ? :confused:

Are you out of your mind? BUY IT ASAP before someone else does. Or give me his number and I will buy it! Up a pic.

·
Administrator
18,400 Posts
Twin_Turbo said:
even if it's so rusty it's literally falling apart (birdcage & frame) it's still worth more than that in parts alone if the car is complete.
Maybe, .If it was a 70 or earlier, I would say a definate yes..........mid 70s engine not worth much.....Maybe the parts are worth it, but if the frame is rotten, .............................Who knows?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A buddy of mine is a corvette guy and I mean that's all he does. I'm trying to see if he'll buy it atleast I'll know it'll go to a good home :).

·
Registered
40 Posts
poncho62 said:
Maybe, .If it was a 70 or earlier, I would say a definate yes..........mid 70s engine not worth much.....Maybe the parts are worth it, but if the frame is rotten, .............................Who knows?

all chrome bumpers are desireable and the 73 w/ just the chrome rears also, 74 + they start to go down in price rapidly. There are a lot more expensive parts on such a car than just the engine and transmission. If you ahve nice condition interior parts or discontinued pieces it adds up real quick.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Blackbob said:
A buddy of mine is a corvette guy and I mean that's all he does. I'm trying to see if he'll buy it atleast I'll know it'll go to a good home :).
I'll buy the sum*****! up a pic!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts