Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, just wondering what you all consider fast. This weekend i drove 80 miles to the track and ran a best 13.99 on street tires. Many of my friends dont concider my car fast, heck it weighs 3400 lbs and its my daily driver, so i was very happy. Anyway, it got me wondering what you all think when you think fast.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh they have faster cars but few of them built them, this being the first hotrod i built myself im proud. I guess anyone can buy a mustang and have someone throw a supercharger on it and run 12s all day. How fast were some of your first cars?

·
Registered
115 Posts
my first car?? It runs in the 18 range:thumbup: :sweat:

·
Administrator
18,635 Posts
70 LS6 Chevelle.............13.5 on bias ply street tires.

55 Chevy 350/muncie..........14.5...............

They were pretty quick in their time. ......1970s

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
20's ------- ok let's get out the hondas and play
19's ------- oh my we've switched to toyota
18's ------- chevettes rule the streeets
17's ------- I promise officer, I wasnt speeding
16's ------- gettin' fast
15's ------- now we're talking
14's ------- if I ever run those I'll consider myself lucky
13's ------- maybe in 20 years
12's ------- you mean there are 12's??????

Mike

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
Not talking light to light here....but 15's are respectable from a street car. I have run low 9's but that wasn't easy. Now a days 300+mph are possible at the track...just plain crazy *!

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,859 Posts
I just got in from Las Vegas, NHRA drags this weekend. Fast? I better wait to answer that one. :D Dan

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
15's I consider quick. 14's are respectable and 13's, while most people don't run them or respect them are HAULING. With the new headers and 3.73's, I'm expecting to be in the 12's with the bird, wish me luck-

K

·
im on a highway to hell
688 Posts
killerformula said:
15's I consider quick. 14's are respectable and 13's, while most people don't run them or respect them are HAULING. With the new headers and 3.73's, I'm expecting to be in the 12's with the bird, wish me luck-

K
thats what i think too 13's are quick for a true street car. and i wish you all the luck with the bird!!!!:thumbup:

·
il enforcer
75 Posts
87 monte ss said:
Hey everyone, just wondering what you all consider fast. This weekend i drove 80 miles to the track and ran a best 13.99 on street tires. Many of my friends dont concider my car fast, heck it weighs 3400 lbs and its my daily driver, so i was very happy. Anyway, it got me wondering what you all think when you think fast.
To me, it depends on how much $$ the person spent. If you spend 60K and get a 14 second ride I think that is pathetic. Spend 10K on a 13 second car and that is pretty fast.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
My 66 442 was the quickest car I ever owned, not all that fast though, it topped out at about 115 with the stock 4.33 rear.
I had a buddy once with a pretty much stock 1971 340 Duster that ran 11.98 on a good day. I don't think it ever got beat. We would have to go several towns away on Saturday night to find a race with someone who didn't know the car. It made many a 6 pack SuoerBee or LS6 Chevelle look like they were backing up. Of course it was like being the fastest gun slinger, some kid was always wanting to take a shot at it. Any time he had a race lined up word would get around school when the appointed time came there would be 100 spectators. The closest anyone ever got was a 66 442 identical to the one I would own years later, he beat it by about 3/4 car length 3 out of 3. And a 6 pack 340 'cuda that he only beat by a fender.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.