Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,161 Posts
probably the best one is the old z/28 aluminum weiand hi-rise but also in the 80's they used alot of aluminum quadrajet manifolds if you're using a spread bore holley or quadrajet.
 

·
Member# 3287
Joined
·
2,625 Posts
Chevy had early cast Q-Jet, Holley and Carter intakes. I know the Q-Jet and Holley had "R" and "H", respectively, cast on them. I'm not sure about the Carter. These had the oil filter tubes. They're available at swap meets.

Most of the aftermarket intakes were aluminum.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,653 Posts
savman1 said:
The ones I need to know about have to be cast.

WHY ??

Are you racing in a class that requires cast iron intake manifolds?

THE BEST iron ones are in the GM Performance catalog. They are copies of the famous Z28 aluminum ones but in cast iron. GM made them for the racers...:D :D


.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I have to run a cast intake. I've got one that has a R casting, and one that has a S. I also have a Q-jet that is made by Carter.
 

·
Marcel
Joined
·
413 Posts
alum. q-jet intake

I have an alum. intake, with GM casted into it. casting # behind the carb 458520. Any body got any I-D what it came out on? Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,161 Posts
GoneNova/406 said:
probably the best one is the old z/28 aluminum weiand hi-rise but also in the 80's they used alot of aluminum quadrajet manifolds if you're using a spread bore holley or quadrajet.
cast alum. or cast iron?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,161 Posts
i just found the z/28 manifold copy by GM in the cast version#bow tie 14096011.it is cast and a look a like copy of the z/28 manifold that deuce was talking about.the old cast alum. 65 corvette manifold was the wieand made manifold that is pretty darned good too.i've got a couple of them.
 

·
Home School Valedictorian
Joined
·
1,639 Posts
GoneNova/406 said:
i just found the z/28 manifold copy by GM in the cast version#bow tie 14096011.it is cast and a look a like copy of the z/28 manifold that deuce was talking about.the old cast alum. 65 corvette manifold was the wieand made manifold that is pretty darned good too.i've got a couple of them.
If you are referring to the W cast into the manifold with the snowflakes surrounding it, it stands for Winters foundry not Weiand.
 

·
Marcel
Joined
·
413 Posts
intake

There is no W or snowflake.
 

·
Home School Valedictorian
Joined
·
1,639 Posts
lanierledford said:
I have an alum. intake, with GM casted into it. casting # behind the carb 458520. Any body got any I-D what it came out on? Thanks
1976-1982, 305 or 350, 4bbl, alum., quadrajet, all aplications.
 

·
Marcel
Joined
·
413 Posts
alum. intake

Thanks guy's, its going on mine 82 Jimmy.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top