Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
9,993 Posts
when each cylinder is at the top of the compression stroke lightly wiggle the pushrod up and down tightening the rocker nut untill there is no play at the rocker. Then turn an extra 1/4 turn. Repeat for the rest of the cylinders- it helps to do them in firing order. It doesn't take much.

And you're looking for vertical slop, some will tell you to spin them, I can spin a push rod with a fully collapsed lifter so that test would be a BAD idea.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lifter adjustment

ap72 said:
when each cylinder is at the top of the compression stroke lightly wiggle the pushrod up and down tightening the rocker nut untill there is no play at the rocker. Then turn an extra 1/4 turn. Repeat for the rest of the cylinders- it helps to do them in firing order. It doesn't take much.

And you're looking for vertical slop, some will tell you to spin them, I can spin a push rod with a fully collapsed lifter so that test would be a BAD idea.
that is what happend to me i tightend the un till i coundnt spin the rod no longer and then i lost the compreshion in my cylinders.235. thanks for yor help im going to try that.

·
Banned
9,993 Posts
bigrobdog said:
that is what happend to me i tightend the un till i coundnt spin the rod no longer and then i lost the compreshion in my cylinders.235. thanks for yor help im going to try that.

Be sure to not use excessive force- I take take a properly set pushrod and still force it down if I push hard enough- you just want to take out any play in the rocker but not compress the lifter all the way. I'm sure you'll understand waht I mean when you're doing it- its really not that hard.

Best of luck. :thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.