Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so im looking at alot of thread and fabrics. Whats the difference between the 92 and 69 polyester thread? is bonded polyester the same as the db92 polyester?
is this like what i want?
http://www.perfectfit.com/154563/products/Bonded-Polyester-Thread--4-oz-Spools-Size-DB--92.html

I am looking at this one because dad wants to use purple thread for his interior and most places dont appear to sell colors. If anyone knows where I can get a better deal that the place above let me know im looking for black for mine and purple for his.

·
Premium Member
6,735 Posts
If you're looking for purple thread, you need to Google Sunguard UVR bonded polyester thread. The difference between size 69 and size 92 is that size 92 is half again thicker in diameter than size 69. 138 is twice as thick as size 69. Here's a link to Sunguard thread: CLICK HERE The 211Q deep lilac is about the only purple polyester thread I know of. Polyester thread is not as strong as Nylon thread, but it holds up to UV rays better than Nylon. Size 92 polyester is slightly stronger than size 69 Nylon. Don't worry about the DB or B designations, they just mean the thread is bonded. The type of thread used in industrial machines is twisted multifilament thread, which is pretty much self explanatory. The thread is made of a couple filaments which are twisted together, and bonding ("B") or double bonding ("DB") is just a way of keeping the filaments together better and providing added abrasion resistance. You should be using "Z" type thread, which has a left twist. You can tell if your thread has a left twist by rolling it counter clockwise between your thumb and forefinger. If it tightens up, it is left twist. If it loosens up, it is right twist. All the Sunguard threads are left twist.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.