Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok people help me out here. I saw this movie a couple years ago but can't remember the darn name. I didn't see it from the beginning so my description is probrably a little off. The movie is with these two guys they own a black chevy stick shift and they are racing across country it has some pretty good dragracing scenes. On the way they pick up this chick they both end up liking this broad one of em tries teaching her how to drive the stick shift chevy, she ends up stalling the darn thing out and grinding the gears aaaWWW :( ugly scene. Long story short that movie kicked ***** and that's my crappy descripition of the movie. Please some one chime in if any of my babble brushes off any spiderwebs in your brain about this movie cause its an old one. Oh yeah I think one of the two guys is a musician not sure though. Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
8,454 Posts
OK, I have to SCREAM ON!!!! I have been seeing Two Lane Blacktop promoted by you guys as an awesome car classic so I finally bought a copy off ebaY and watched it tonight. What a pile of crap! That has to be one of the two or three worst wastes of celluloid on the planet! The only worse move I have seen is Convict Stage which came out in the 60s but that is because it was in washed out B&W. Two Lane has ZERO redeeming social value. It is a criminal offense to compare it to American Graffiti or Hot Rod. Anyone who disagrees with me I will find you and hurt you!!!! DO NOT EVER see that tripe if you haven't done it already.:boxing:

·
Registered
69 Posts
OK, I have to SCREAM ON!!!! I have been seeing Two Lane Blacktop promoted by you guys as an awesome car classic so I finally bought a copy off ebaY and watched it tonight. What a pile of crap! That has to be one of the two or three worst wastes of celluloid on the planet! The only worse move I have seen is Convict Stage which came out in the 60s but that is because it was in washed out B&W. Two Lane has ZERO redeeming social value. It is a criminal offense to compare it to American Graffiti or Hot Rod. Anyone who disagrees with me I will find you and hurt you!!!! DO NOT EVER see that tripe if you haven't done it already.:boxing:

I disagree with you, find me hurt me

Duke

·
Premium Member
4,097 Posts
I liked the movie. I been watching it with the sound off and playing frank zappa's 200 motels while I watch with subtitles. The dialog is so much better when you can SEE the words.

( I play FZ all through except for the part where GTO plays that short bit of that way KEWL Terry Allen song about a truckload of art, it's burnin near the highway, precious objects are scattered all OVER the ground....And it's a terrible sight, if a parson were to see it........But there weren't nobody ...around....whooo hooo hooo loodo do dooo.....WHOOOOO hOOOOO, HOO HOO ho HOOO....
Yodeling is the greatest contribution to music there ever was.
Terry Allen is the best songwriter ever. )

Doing it like that makes TLB the worlds greatest road/racing/lovestory/technical/male bonding video movie EVER!!!!

I got my copy from MY FRIEND MALC :thumbup: because he had 3.

He shared and my life is BETTER for it.

I let my family watch it too.

My son and I watched the producer's commentary too.

That movie was AWESOME!

Laurie Bird was FINE! :drool:

Dennis Wilson was acadamy award material in that movie, I don't know why he didn't get nominated. :(

JT is as good of an actor as Tom Hanks, or better.

Warren Oates is the most believable actor I have ever seen.

I liked that movie.

So , Willys, drive north on I5 about 5 or 6 hours and make a left at Los Banos. Drive about 50 miles until you see a Mc D's.

Another left, drive for about 3 minutes and you are there. :thumbup:
Dinger is supposed to come up here too sometime.
We can kick and watch TLB a few times, spill some beer, and then we'll go see the taco lady.

If all that doesn't put you in a better mood and liking TLB a little bit more I'll let you take a swing at me.

( I'm used to getting hit. My wife is Irish)

Let me know,
Mikey

BTW if you want to watch a really good biker movie, it's this one.
http://www.dvddrive-in.com/reviews/e-h/hellsangelsonwheels67.htm

Ultimate double feature with TLB :thumbup:

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,859 Posts
Willys, I take it you didn't like the movie? Well, sell it..I'll start the bidding at 99c. My wife likes the movie. Brownie points for Dan. :mwink:
Mike, have you seen the Wizard of Oz set to Dark Side of the Moon? I have a copy, I'll bring it next time I'm up that way. I'll bring Jeff (Willys) also if he wants to come with me to work that week. :D Dan

·
Administrator
18,631 Posts
I liked the movie.......Its a car movie.............

The story doesnt make sense though............You dont take a primarilly "Drag Car" and race it accross country.........That part made no sense. The GTO should just be able to cruise accross country in 1/2 the time as a geared up drag car............

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I liked the movie and have watched it several times through the years. I admit, it's not a high dollar production but who cares. By the way, if any one needs to find me just send me a pm and we'll hook up! :boxing: LOL

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.