Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
My street rod is almost ready to come out for it's maiden voyage, but I need to wash the accumulated dust as well as grinding debris off the car. The paint is just a few months old and was color sanded. I'm afraid that if I try to clean the paint improperly, I'll be back into re-buffing it again, or worse, I will imbed particles into the surface. There's no wax on the car. I will blow the major part of the "crap" off, but wasn't sure if I should use soap and water, or some other method. Thanks for any replies. Dan

·
Registered
5 Posts
"Maiden Voyage" IN November?

I use just water from the hose without the nozzel on it 1st and let it run over the surface, then use my hands to loosen up the crud, then with a neutral cleaner such as dishwashing detergent and an old cloth diaper.. It works fine for me.. (Got tons of old cloth diapers b 4 they came out with the toss away crap that fills up the landfills full of slightly coloured re-cycled FOOD) :D
Using an air powered blowgun may imbed particles in the fresh paint tho.. Lotsa clear cold water 1st..

·
Administrator
18,399 Posts
I agree with the old guy...

Dan....you cant put your link to your commercial site on the board, please remove it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts