Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
I give the old one away...

when I upgrade my system to a new system I give the old one to one of the kids...they in turn give their old one away to friends who don't have one.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Left Nut, Right Nut....Squish!
363 Posts
My oldest still working computer is one from the late 70's Its half Coleco-Vision and half "Adams-Computer". Wierd name I know. HAs a keyoard and funky controllers with like a phone number pad and a joystick on them. You hook it up to a TV. I dont know the specs But they are lousey. Plays games like Old Old Old atari Tut's tomb, Pitfall, Ladybug, etc.

2nd oldest computer I have is from 1990
Its a Packard Bell Navigator with Spankin New technology at the time Win 3.11 LOL.
233mhz with 8mb harddrive. It's only good for playin Slot machine games and poker.

The Pc Im on now is from 1999 and is Ancient to todays standards 500mhz 17 gig and win 98 .

That's about it for me.

Abe

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
my oldest one was a 166mhz from 1994?:confused: the one I have now is a 2002 computer that we had built by Forest Computers. We told 'em everything we wanted and they built it for us, cost a bit more that way but you get exactly what you want. 1.2 Ghz and about 45 gigas of memory split in 4 drives.........of course powered by Asus and DVD player, cd burner and a pretty good graphics card.

Mike

·
Super Moderator
6,623 Posts

ZX-81, still works but you would be nuts to try and use it for anything more than learning how to program in DOS.

·
Be the MIRACLE!
363 Posts
My oldest one is a Commdore 64. (1980's) I still have it the printer and the boxes. It's still in working order. Figured when I get old and retire someone might like the old antique (kinda like we do the antique cars). You never know. It may be collectible someday.

·
Administrator
18,437 Posts
Still have a Commodore around here somewhere. Might work, if I had the time to wait for it to boot up.

My oldest one that I occasionally use online is a "Dell Latitude" P133 laptop. I still prefer the little trackball to the touch pad on my Toshiba P4 laptop that I use daily now.

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
I used to have a Commode 64.

Anyone ever played that game Jumpman? I heard recently it was the original Mario Bros. game. It doesn't look anything like it.

I used to have a TRS 80. There is one featured in a recent computer commercial. You know the one with the guy who uses all of the old computers to update his company. The laptop is a TRS 80. Also known as a "trash 80".

I had the original Mac when it first came out. I also had just about every Apple computer.

·
Registered
144 Posts
lluciano77 said:
I used to have a Commode 64.

Anyone ever played that game Jumpman? I heard recently it was the original Mario Bros. game. It doesn't look anything like it.

I still have a working Commodore 64 with 1541 drive and printer! I think the last time I had them fired up was back in 1996 or so? :D

Jumpman was a kick arse game back in the day! :thumbup: There was also Jumpman Jr, but it was not nearly as good. I can't remember if I'm spelling this one correctly but Yi Ar Kung Fu was another favorite of mine. Wasted HOURS on them and many others!

Oh, and who could forget the LOVELY memory of dialing up to a BBS with a 300 baud modem? :rolleyes: Or spending hours trying to download a cheesy game or something (via xmodem) only to have someone pick up the phone and ruin your connection! :p Ha! Ahhh... memories!

Rock on and God bless...

Señor

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
Most of my games started with "cracked by" etc. Pirating video games will never be the same.

The Commode 64 version of Bruce Lee was pretty cool. I also liked Beach Head, and Beach Head II.

·
Registered
70 Posts
i had a trs80 from the early 80's and i had another trs-80 that took tape cassettes as the memory... in order to play a game... you had to program the game... the 2nd one listed used a tv screen.

·
King of my Man-cave.
2,896 Posts
Our oldest computer is a Mac Plus, got it in 1987, still works. Second oldest is a Quadra 610 (Mac), got that one in 1993. Using an Imac DV now, got it in 1999.

tom

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Ummm... I guess the oldest would be the 3 apple II's I have lying around, but my Mac Plus still sits beside me humming away after almost 20 years of service.

·
Registered
144 Posts
lluciano77 said:
What was the old Commode 64 way to load programs by disk?

It was something like this if I remember correctly:
run"Pitfall",6,8
If I remember correctly, it was something like...

LOAD "jumpman",8,1

then at the next prompt you would type RUN

To get a directory, I think it was...

Load "$",8

then at the next prompt you'd type LIST

However if you had the good old jetload cartridge, it would be

%jumpman

or for a directory just

$

It's been a long time, so I apologize if I missed anything!
:cool:

Hmmm, Was the name of that Bruce Lee game called "way of the explodig fist?" Or was that just the second part of the Yi Ar Kung Fu name? Yes, I miss the "broken by" and "cracked by" screens too! :( hehehe

Rock on and God bless...

Señor

·
Registered
300 Posts
My dad still has a commodore 64. Hasn't been touched in years but it's still sitting at the old computer desk in the basement. Geez, it'd take me a while to remember how to load the games,8,1.

It had some cool games for its time. I played a lot of rampage, robocop, predator, frogger, asteroids, uh, can't remember. Definately lots of "cracked by ..."
dh

·
Registered
91 Posts
Let's see...
2 Mac Classics
1 Apple II LE (1970s?)
1 Commo 64
1 386 - 33MHZ w/4mb RAM
1 486DX2 - 66 MHZ w/32 MB RAM

Not so bad...
I now run a Pentium IV 1.7Ghz, 523MB RDRAM, 40GB HD, ATI Radeon 64MB Graphics, and Windows XP pro.

I still run the old battleships when I'm bored, but my laptop is my primary machine.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i was one of the late ones, didnt get a computor until 1995, but when i did, it was the best one on the market!!! acer aspire with windows 98 and speakers on the monitor. I now have an 04 alien (don't know if i spelled it right 'couse im not at home) and an 04 hp lap top ( which is what im on now)

jj

1 - 20 of 22 Posts