Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to the Hot Rodder Team. I need to purchase a pair of 14x15 inch wheels
to mount some 31x18.5 R15 tires. Where is the best place to get some of these? Any advice is always appreciated.

·
Registered
176 Posts
There are web sites to tell you the recommended wheel width for your tire size..... Yes, I know that wasn't your question, I just threw it in.

Do you have radial tires? I don't think you can mix radial and bias ply tires. I mention this as your wheel choice may be guided by the type of tires you have.

I had a pair of 14" or 15" wide old Centerlines and sold'em on eBay. I decided not yo use them because they said (paraphrase) Not For Radial Tires or Bias Ply Tires Only. Somethng like that. Mind you, I bought these wheels new in 1986 and had'em sitting all these years until I came back to hot rodding a couple of years ago...... helicopters are just beynd my current financial means.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for the delayed response New Interiors. I missed your response yesterday. By the way you have some awesome pics. I stopped by Wal Mart early this morning to purchase another camera adapter but they didn't have one. I plan to get by Mom's tomorrow to pick up the original. Hope to have some pics out here soon. Right now, I'm 4 bolts shy with the tear down stage to have a moving frame. The stars are ok; however, I was looking for more of a drilled look. These are going on my 94 s10. On the Old Motor Flap side the tires I need is more of a radial drag tire. This is going to be my 2 to 3 day a week work mobile on clear days and occasional strip runs.
Thanks for the fast replies,
Trey, Matt 5-13

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.