Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yaw, I'm looking to update the wheels on my Charger. I have been looking on e-rape and other tire/wheel sites and have become frustrated. I would like to look at sensibly sized wheels without having to sort through all these dangerously oversized wheelstrocities that's on the market today. My search is somewhat hampered by my not wanting the same style wheel that's on several cars at the same show or cruise in, and my cheapness. I know, you get what you pay for, but, my car is driven quite frequently and I don't want to invest 2k in a set of wheels and in turn be afraid to drive the car because I don't want to scratch or doity up the wheels. The wheels that's on the car now are old Champ 500s that I've had since 88 or so that a friend gave me that were on his dad's El Camino several years before I got them. The fronts are egg shaped on the back side and at highway speeds it's uncomfortable to drive. Anyways, is there a place I can look for wheels? Sorry for the long post, I'll do better next time.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Perhaps you could go to something subtle like stock steel police car wheels with dogdish hubcaps painted in a complementary color to the car and maybe add a set of nice beauty rings or pinstripes. If Dodge doesn't have any acceptable police car wheels you can probably use Ford ones as the bolt pattern is the same.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts