Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here.....thanks for the add.....
7-18-20 Exterior (3).jpg

If this is the wrong place for this post please let me know.....I chose this because I figured the “hot rodders” would have some good ideas....may be a “lame” post, but I am looking to pick your creative minds....wheels can “make” the car sometimes......my ‘42 Maroon Ford Tudor (my first oldie like this)...I have a set of Gennies from Wheel Vintiques (I currently have them painted silver...:rolleyes:
;)
ho-hum)....will be using the original hubcaps...and s/s trim rings.....I would really prefer to paint them a color that “pops” and would look good with the maroon but am not having much luck....thought about orange, a bright blue or green, but maybe those are too far out there ? .....looking for your CREATIVE ideas on some color choices. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Looks like tiny tires on a big car.
I’d go dark red but use some wide white (2 inch wide) tires for better size look.

·
Registered
590 Posts
yes, larger tires & a 2" drop in the front would really change the look of your car.
that is a cool ride no matter what (y)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes, larger tires & a 2" drop in the front would really change the look of your car.
that is a cool ride no matter what (y)
Thank You ! I hope to drop the front end next Spring/Summer with any luck.....not sure what will be involved in doing that as this is my first old Ford like this......(hope it doesn't take an arm and a leg :) )

·
More for Less Racer
19,370 Posts
Cream is a wheel color what goes well with a maroon car.
Another choice would be a periwinkle or persimmon color....maybe even the color GM called "Evening Orchid" oin the mid 1960's

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cream is a wheel color what goes well with a maroon car.
Another choice would be a periwinkle or persimmon color....maybe even the color GM called "Evening Orichid" oin the mid 1960's
Interesting.....I will check out that GM color also.....Thanks !

·
Collector of "someday" cars
2,283 Posts
I like the cream color suggestion, Ford used that a LOT on trucks of that and newer era vehicles.
I would consider body color with the wide whites mentioned and your stainless trim and let those highlights do the talking, while the wheels are the background.
And, yep, the front could be a little lower than the rear, to give it a little rake. Also, 215x65x15 tires will sit just a tad lower with a tad more width too.

It would be helpful for you to learn how to play with photoshop and use that medium to view changes in real time. I know, you don't have it and have never used it...me too, and I hesitate to learn, but it IS a thought... ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like the cream color suggestion, Ford used that a LOT on trucks of that and newer era vehicles.
I would consider body color with the wide whites mentioned and your stainless trim and let those highlights do the talking, while the wheels are the background.
And, yep, the front could be a little lower than the rear, to give it a little rake. Also, 215x65x15 tires will sit just a tad lower with a tad more width too.

It would be helpful for you to learn how to play with photoshop and use that medium to view changes in real time. I know, you don't have it and have never used it...me too, and I hesitate to learn, but it IS a thought... ;)
(y) Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts