Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if you guys could give me some advice on what is the best way to strip a vehicle. I've had parts sandblasted by a company here in Indy that is good, but I'm not sure about sending my 52 cab ther eto be vlasted in fear that it'll get ruined. I've thought about having it dipped, but I don't know if there is a place close to me or not. If any of you have had their vehicles dipped, what did it cost. The quote from the sandblaster was 100 for the cab inside and out. That's a good price, but like I said, i don't want to ruin my truck. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Joe
P.s. Go Colts!!

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Joe,

we use a local powder coat company that has a "sandblaster from hell" to do all the structural areas

we simply put strips of tape so they know "don't blast here" like a roof and/or marked "do blast here" with arrows for an area that had silicone caulk as a example

we strip the rest with a DA and 80 grit

DON'T STRIP UNLESS YOU CAN EPOXY ALL IMMEDIATE

to answer your question about dipping, go to autorestorationdepot.net....there is a price list link on the left.....you really do need a "rotissory" to re-coat all if you do dip a body.....you can "hand rotate" to coat parts like a door

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
It'll cost a lot more than a hundred bucks to dip your cab. When I had my 41 coupe done about 10 years ago it cost me $1200.

Why not have it media blasted. Won't create the heat that sand blasting will although it might be a bit more expensive than $100.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts