Heart Breaker and Life Taker
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Heres how to tell:
(All these apply to me except 3 and 4.)

1) People always stare at you.

2) They ask what kind it is.

3)It doesnt have a computer.

4) If it does have one,and you call the biggest parts house around and they wont read it cuz its too old.

5) You stand out in a crowd. Everywhare you go.

6) Its considered a classic. Yet,you still ride her rough and use her hard.

7) Random people ask you how much shes up for sale.

8) even stock,she could beat new cars.

9) Your proud of her and wouldnt trade her in for anything.

10) You go to a junkyard for parts,you cant find it cuz its full of new cars........still need that damn "custom" plate.........

Thought I'd share.
Got the computer read and the scanner said:

"Code 32 sets when the EGR Valve position sensor signal voltage drops below selftest limits during key on engine off."

·
Registered
109 Posts
Here is another......

Your car is old if:

You could buy it from the factory in any color you wanted. As long as you wanted black!

·
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are kids now days just that clueless on cars older then them? if not a little younger? I got kids askin me in the parkin lot at school whare I got my truck at and i know a couple wanted to ask me who made it........That antenna really gets them........and the chicks seem to dig it,LOL. I do get some looks in her though.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Sheet you consider your truck a classic :nono: mines a 69 and it gets driven every day in its unrestored beater condition its in. talk about some looks at the gas station......

·
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dont really consider her a classic,other people do. I really dont care,I love her. Both lizzys,(truck and the girl) lol. If you read this,you know who you are. If she runs,gets me from A to B and does what I need when I need it,thats all I care about,it needs painted,I patch it up with spray paint. It lasts for a while. Shes been a work truck her whole life,I thought about restoring her to new,but decided not to,I like her more this way. Dont have to worry about dirt gettin on the floor or seat,if the paint gets scratched,oh well,i got spray paint at the house. And that 300 in her kicks ***.

·
Registered
24 Posts
we took the 81 z28 to a car show/swapmeet and the gate
guy asked if we were here to sell it LOL!!!

later that day in the parking lot a little boy and his parents walked by and the boy said to his dad
( look they cant afford a whole convertable roof like your corvette daddy his dad replyed no son there t-tops)

i hate that kid :spank:

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
You know it is old when the real chrome bumpers have a slot in them for the bumper jack,10 extra points if when you bought it ,the jack,stand and lugnut/jack bar was still secured and all there!

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,783 Posts
MORE

You know you car is old when,,,

1. The dimmer switch is on the floor......

2. You need to " set the choke" ( aka pump it 3 times) before starting......

3. If you loan it out there is a 15 minute pre flight instruction lesson that goes along with it......

4. You no longer need a key, the door locks don't work and the ignition does not need one to operate....

5. Back-up lights were an option that year.......

Keith

·
Registered
81 Posts
LOL, I hear ya. I can start my truck with a dime.... been meaning to get that fixed. I have an 81 GMC and before i did a ground up on it everyone was like "hey, lets go 4x4ing and bag the hell out of your truck... it's old, it can handle it." Now that it is in mint condition with 24inch rims for some reason all they wanna do is cruise around in it and try to pick up chicks from the passenger seat. Funny how that works.

·
Kenneth Howard hates me...
129 Posts
My wife jumped in the '50 to start it one day, she turned the key and nothing happened. She comes in the house to tell me it's broke, I go out turn the key and push the starter button , fires right up. I guess she never saw a car with a starter button before?

·
Im trying to have an idea!
380 Posts
You know your car is old when the Junk Yard Guy tells you"...have you tried e-bay?" :( :pimp:

Still do not know if that is a good thing or a bad thing...

·
Registered
56 chev on 79 chassis, 62 LeSabre
3,126 Posts
how bout when you and your truck were made the same year??

1 - 20 of 31 Posts