Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I bought a th350 (chevy) that was rebuilt but he forgot to install this part:

I've checked part diagrams and the wiki thread but I can't locate this part?

I've absolutely no experiences in auto transmissions so this is probably a stupid question but if someone could tell me where this part should be and the function of it I would be very grateful!

I'll buy the " Turbo Hydra-Matic 350 Handbook" but I can't get in my hand until tuesday and I need the tranny in the car like now so I can't wait for it..

Thanks!

·
Administrator
8,476 Posts
Thats the throttle valve pressure rod ( commonly referred to as the Kickdown cable)
It goes in the hole in a paddle (lever) inside the trans and sticks up into the hole that the " Kickdown" cable goes into.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LATECH said:
Thats the throttle valve pressure rod ( commonly referred to as the Kickdown cable)
It goes in the hole in a paddle (lever) inside the trans and sticks up into the hole that the " Kickdown" cable goes into.

Thanks!!!
I've never figure that out.

Is it only to hook it up in something down in the hole or do I need to open the tranny?
I'm not in the garage, so maybe this is visible when I've got it in front of me.
But good to know so I can mentally prepare for how to tackle tomorrow!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LATECH said:
Just drop the pan you will see where it goes.Unless those parts are missing too. :confused:

ok, thanks a lot for your quick answers!
He was a serious guy so actually I think it's only that part.
You saved my weekend!

·
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW
2,865 Posts
mmerlinn said:
It connects the butterfly to the throttle cable.

Merlin: I really am hesitant about asking this! Ive read your answer and Im puzzled about what you mean by butterfly? I know parts are called many different things in other areas of the world. And I was hesitant to ask because maybe I should know what you meant :confused: We call it a kick down attachment rod in my area. you can private message me if you want.

:thumbup: Chris

·
Registered
761 Posts
painted jester said:
Merlin: I really am hesitant about asking this! Ive read your answer and Im puzzled about what you mean by butterfly? I know parts are called many different things in other areas of the world. And I was hesitant to ask because maybe I should know what you meant :confused: We call it a kick down attachment rod in my area. you can private message me if you want.

:thumbup: Chris

The butterfly is the lever in the Crosley's picture that looks something like a butterfly if you pull the hitch pin out and get the lever where you can see it by itself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.