Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I was searching google and on this forum to find some interior pieces for my 1954 Chevy 210 deluxe. Right now I am just looking to purchase a front seat upholstery kit.

Here is what I need exactly:
Foam for front bench seat
Seat cover for front bench seat. Turoquiose color.

I am really trying to find something that matches the stock upholstery. I know it might be a little more difficult to find the foam, but I would really like to try.

I have checked:
National Chevy association and I do see that they have some interior items but there are no images so I really don't even know what I would be buying.

Same thing with Carsinc.com

Any help and suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
original interiors are available but it's expensive.. bout $800 per seat and $4,000 per interior kit.. National Chevy association doesn't have original interiors, they have custom stuff in velor.. I'm pretty sure Hampton coach has the original stuff... I paid $1,600 for a mostly complete kit from Ezboy rod interiors, but it's non original

·
Premium Member
6,735 Posts
Riot Racing said:
Hello all,
I was searching google and on this forum to find some interior pieces for my 1954 Chevy 210 deluxe. Right now I am just looking to purchase a front seat upholstery kit.

Here is what I need exactly:
Foam for front bench seat
Seat cover for front bench seat. Turoquiose color.

I am really trying to find something that matches the stock upholstery. I know it might be a little more difficult to find the foam, but I would really like to try.

I have checked:
National Chevy association and I do see that they have some interior items but there are no images so I really don't even know what I would be buying.

Same thing with Carsinc.com

Any help and suggestions would be appreciated.
Your seats were originally padded with burlap, cotton, latex foam and more cotton. You will not be able to find the exact padding that was original to your car. Here is how to re-pad your seats. CLICK HERE Hampton Coach (a sister company of LeBaron Bonney) is a good source for Chevy seat covers: www.hamptoncoach.com You won't see any pictures in their catalog either, so your best bet is to call them: 1-888-388-8726 You might have to buy covers for the front and back seats to get them to match, but you won't have to buy a complete interior.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DanTwoLakes said:
Your seats were originally padded with burlap, cotton, latex foam and more cotton. You will not be able to find the exact padding that was original to your car. Here is how to re-pad your seats. CLICK HERE Hampton Coach (a sister company of LeBaron Bonney) is a good source for Chevy seat covers: www.hamptoncoach.com You won't see any pictures in their catalog either, so your best bet is to call them: 1-888-388-8726 You might have to buy covers for the front and back seats to get them to match, but you won't have to buy a complete interior.
Dan,
thanks for your words of advice. I have seen your post all over this forum. When can I buy some of that white shiny stuff with the sticky back? Do you have any you want to sell? I just need enough to do the front seats for now.

·
Premium Member
6,735 Posts
It doesn't have a sticky back, the back is shiny, rubbery, and really tough. The top is white and soft. I have never see the stuff other than from one of my suppliers and they don't sell to anyone other than upholstery shops. I can sell you a couple of sheets of it. It's not very expensive. PM me or e-mail me and I'll send you some. To do either of those things, just click on my screen name, click on "view public profile", and send the message from the area that says "contact info".

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I called Hampton coach and they are sending me their fabric smaples and catalog. So I'll take a took at their pricing (which I know will be expensive) and make a decision from there.

·
Premium Member
6,735 Posts
I think you will be surprised by the price. They have really good quality products, so it should be more than worth it to you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.