Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1980 454 motor in a 1959 chevy pickup- I am converting it to power steering and running V belts not the serpentine. Alternator is on top passenger side right in front of the valve cover, a/c is up top on the drive side in front of the other valve cover, running a mech fuel pump and have the long water pump.

Anyone know of a specific power steering pump bracket I can use with this setup and where it would mount? Thanks

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I would think most speed equip. shops would have the necessary bracket (s) or a trip to the boneyard might work. Sometimes you just have to make your own.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
I am using Tuff Stuff brackets. Bolted right up using an '86 Chevy 1 ton hydroboost power steering pump and it is hanging on the front of the mock up block.

I just need to get a nice looking pulley.

Mark

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
That is the same mounting location as my stock PS pump, but it looks like the Tuff Stuff bracket is set up for serpentine (there is no adjuster?).

I would look at stock GM PS brackets from the mid to late 70's to mount it low on the driver's side, unless they interfere with the frame. Alan Grove also makes some replacement brackets that look they would work to mount the PS low on the driver's side.

Bruce

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
The adjusting slot is at the bottom bolt. Tuff stuff bracket # 6503B Short water pump/V-belt.
Summit has them on sale right now so check them out. You'll need a different number for a long pump.
Mark

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Speedway and summit have bkts that look good. I just used a stock bkt off an 87. I did modify it to pull it back closer to the block and in doing so had to use oledr pump to clear the block.:welcome:

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts