Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I am trying yo post a pic with the color I am using on my s-10 to get some suggestions on pearls for the flames. I am wanting a phantom that is pretty faint. I only want it to show up in the light, not to stand out all the time. I was thinking of using a blue pearl on the edges and then dusting with a white or vise versa. The color of the base, if the pic doesnt come through, is a medium purple a small amount of metallic.

Thanks,

Chris

[ November 13, 2002: Message edited by: TurboS10 ]

[ November 13, 2002: Message edited by: TurboS10 ]</p>

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Turbo, the edges sounds fine, but if you do a dusting of any color that area will be different than the base color without the pearl and it will stand out no matter how faint you apply it. Purple with blue sounds fine, or red, any color that is within the purple spectrum will look at home on the car.

HK

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input. I was thinking that blue and/or red would be the way to go, but the "expert" at the paint store said that the blue would not show up on top of the purple.

Chris

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Well if thats what your looking for just a flame outline that you can barely see, thats the way to go, red would of course be easier to see, but blue will work if you use enough.

HK

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I think I will get an old hood and do some testing. Maybe red outline with blue body, or vise versa. I will just have to play with it.

Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts