Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Duck Tape & WD 40
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which brand of vehicle do you prefer? I've always been more of a mopar fan than any other brand. I'm asking because i'm writing a paper for my creative writing class about the diff. brands of vehicles

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,783 Posts
brands

I am a hard core chevelle guy... but i build chevy ford and mopar engines. No matter what brand they all have good and bad points to them....

I love any american muscle car that you can drive through the mall parking lot and set off car alarms with!!!!!!!

Keith

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well, since factory stock just doesn't do it for me, and because I'm not rich, Chevy makes more sense to me. 1. I like the Body styling of a lot of the Chevy's. 2. After market is full of parts to modifie the SBC, and usely those parts are cheaper for the SBC then any other make.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I've had them all. Loved the ford van we had when I was a little kid. It had a 460.

When I was very little, and I barely remember this one, we had a late 60s chevy wagon. I just got rid of my ride of ten years an s-10.

My current project is a 74 coupe deville. My daily driver is a mopar, 03 pt cruiser.

So I like alot of different cars. I prefer bigger cars myself. Give me lots of steel around me.

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
Chevy,GM,Chevy,GM,Chevy,GM all the way!

I have owned Fords and Mopar but I really lean towards the Chevy/GM line of cars. There is something to be said about the availability of used parts and the interchangeability of parts and all those potential cheep projects out there!!! Just my opinion guys.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
Gm cars

So much is interchangable,endless supply of aftermarket parts,decent power and good street manners,low bucks compared to the other makes.I still like some of the Fords and Mopars,but the body lines and design put out by the General are just cool.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Since no one wants to make the first bold move, I'll do it: FORD!

I have owned Chevy, Ford, and Dodge over the years, and am stuck on blue oval. :thumbup:

I did come to realize this years ago: EVERY manufacturer has made great cars at some point, and they all have made dogs as well!

·
What to write here?
41 Posts
I have a tendancy to lean toward GM but I'm not a huge loyalist to any one as there are vehicles that I like from each make.

I like a lot of the older Fords, I like the newer Dodge trucks...but I suppose I could say that I do prefer American made vehicles over anything else.

Kristen

·
im on a highway to hell
688 Posts
so your saying that you want to sit on the fence?

not ready to make a comitment?

i smell a waffler:cool: lol lol :D :D :D

·
What to write here?
41 Posts
helrazr3 said:
so your saying that you want to sit on the fence?

not ready to make a comitment?

i smell a waffler:cool: lol lol :D :D :D
Stupid keyboard froze...had to restart the computer.

I prefer to think that I'm diversified in my likes. But ummm...yes, I suppose I have commitment issues. I guess the right vehicle just hasn't come along...lol.

·
Registered
169 Posts
GM
especially the big bad bowtie

I own a Chrysler and a (see what marriage does to you?) Ford, but GM rules, period. (oh no I think I hear my wife, gotta go)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gotta be Mopar. The styling was way beyond the other guys, and the power was undeniably tops. The problem was that 60's and later Mopar never made the first move in styling. When they did move, they were amazing, but they always waited till someone else tested the waters.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts