Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
"May the Schwartz be with you"
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1973 Firebird. This car used to be mine about 15 years ago. At that time it had a 1970 Buick 455 Stage One stroked to 492 cubes with a Kenne-Bell stroker kit.

Car was sold due to spousal interference. I reaquired it less engine a couple years ago out of a junkyard. It is in rough shape, but I am in the process of restoring it.

I have another 1970 455 Buick Stage One...should I stroke it with a TA performance 496 kit, or should I purchase a 572 GM crate motor? I am preferential to the Buick engine (nostalgia), but what do you guys think?

This is a performance to cost question as either engine will set in the car with no problem.

·
WV hillbilly
781 Posts
Id go with the 455, and since you mentioned Kenne Bell thats also sounds like a good idea, I will build the 455 and top it off with a Kenne Belle Roots supercharger...

2wld4u

·
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2wld4u said:
Id go with the 455, and since you mentioned Kenne Bell thats also sounds like a good idea, I will build the 455 and top it off with a Kenne Belle Roots supercharger...

2wld4u
Funny, I was under the impression Kenne-Belle no longer dealt in Buicks.

·
WV hillbilly
781 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by 2wld4u

2wld4u
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Funny, I was under the impression Kenne-Belle no longer dealt in Buicks.

well, Im not sure about that, if thats the case shame on Kenne-Belle EH?

·
im on a highway to hell
688 Posts
i say go with the buick, i have a 455 under my bench and i love that motor. if you already have it why go out and buy something else?

·
Super Moderator
6,623 Posts
Buick, don't be a heretic.:p

·
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was planning on the 455 anyways, just had a thought about the 572. Now that I seem to have overwhelming approval, I shall have to start ordering parts from TA Performance.

I would have missed that big block Buick sound and torque anyways.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts