Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everthing is factory on my truck.I have a superchip and a K&N intake kit.But the exhaust is factory but i have it cut short and in front of the wheel on the passenger side. It's loud when you get on the gas. But I want it to sound good when i'm not.But i'm torn between Flo's and glasspacks. I need advice.

·
You got a leaky spark tube...
2,854 Posts
To me there's no question. I like Flowmasters. You say you have a superchip so I'm assuming it's EFI. I don't really care for the sound of Flowmasters on newer trucks, I think they sound too tinny on stock engines, but either way I still think they sound better than glasspacks.

If you do a search you'll find that this question has been asked numerous times and you'll find many, many, many opinions on this subject.

BTW, this is an introduction forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank's

The only thing that is keeping me from geting the flo's is the price and i'm not really sure what kind to get.I want my truck to sound Bad to the bone. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
7,397 Posts
D Woody said:
The only thing that is keeping me from geting the flo's is the price and i'm not really sure what kind to get.I want my truck to sound Bad to the bone. Thanks for the advice.
Hooker Aero Chamber mufflers sound awsome too. but do not flow as well as some glasspacks, Thrush Magnum glasspacks have no protrusions in the tube, and flow 90% the pipe diamater, a chambered muffler only flows about 75-80% of the pipe diamater. I like both glasspacks and chambered mufflers, Hate thrush turbo's. but glasspacks only sound good on I 6's, particularly old Stovebolt 6's, and then it has to be running fenton headders and smitty's glasspacks. I'm going to run a dynomax chambered round tube style muffler on my 200 Ford I6 turbo engine, I don't like how they sound like a tractor without the muffler, so I'm trying the dynomax route.

·
Lost in the 60's
15,259 Posts
Welcome to Hotrodders......This is the Introduction forum.......Your post and question about mufflers should have been post in the Basic Hotrodding forum. I personally like the sound of glass pacs better than flowmasters...I like the Smitthys brand. :welcome:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Flowmasters

Built a 37 Olds hotrod. Started with flowmaster delta 50's on 2 1/2 inch duel exhaust. These were way to noisy. Even with lots on interior insulation still could not hear the radio going up hill. Switched to Delta 70's which still sound great, but that heavy drone under power is gone and so are the headaches. They are a bit big so you need enough room underneath.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts