Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put an aluminum powerglide trans out of a 62 Impala race car into my 37 Dodge business coupe. Is the upper line position pressure out or is it the lower line position or is it considered the front and rear position???. And which side of the radiatior does the pressure out line go to or does it even make a diference?? I'm ready to plumb the trans but don't know where the lines go.....HELP!!! In the 62 Impala the lines were not run to the radiator just one into the other out and back in right at the trans...I want to use the cooler on the bottom of the radiator.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Glad To Be Here
2,240 Posts
Since you are going to use the trans cooler that is in the radiator, it doesn't matter which line goes to which fiiting at the radiator. The lower line on the trans is for the hot trans fluid out. The top line on the trans is for the cooled trans fluid in.

·
Registered
169 Posts
To be honest, I'm not completely sure. However, I would guess that it doesn't make much difference, because fluid will just be pumping in a big circle through the radiator and lines.

I suppose you could try running some line from each hole to a bucket partially full of tranny fluid, then have someone start 'er up and see which bucket starts of fill and which one starts to empty; I don't know how fast it will flow, so I would definately recommend having the 2nd person. I can envision starting the car and letting it run for a few seconds, shutting it off, and finding one bucket empty and the other overflowed with a river of ATF running down the driveway...

Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts