Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there i was wondering if maybe i could receive some input caus ei know enough to get me by but not real good when it comes to engines. I have a 1985 chevy pick up with 9 inch lift and 39 inch tires. I want to build a motor for it that has both low end power because i love to go mudding , but also some getty up when on the rode because i drive it a lot even though its a second vehicle. Right now i have a 350 in it thats been rebuilt it has a cam, but its only 1 over a stock cam. Im thinking about getting a 400 small block and putting a stroker kit in it, i would like to stick with a small block . Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :confused:

·
Registered
12,338 Posts
for a truck,depending on your budget? I would build a 420/434 small block. Just pay the price and buy an after market block.
dart block,dart shp heads,mild hydraulic roller cam,like 218 duration with 520 lift,750 cfm carb 1 3/4 long tube headers with 3 inch exhaust and X pipe,9.5 CR
you would have over 400/400 hp and tq,decent idle with a hint of lope,great low/mid power. 5,000 rpms

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.