Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2000 GMC sierra 5.3 litre. I wanted to put an aftermarket exhaust on it. I was thinking about the 40 series delta flow FlowMaster with a 3in. inlet and dual 2.25in outlets. Is this a good choice? Will I gain any torque from it?

·
CLICK ON MY AVATAR
321 Posts
yes and yes.I have the 40 delta's on my 67 nova and I felt a big torque difference(not that big but big enough to tell the difference)I got mine on ebay for $55 each.good luck bm

·
Big Block Z28
104 Posts
I ran two 40 series on my 350 Z28 and they were great; great sound. I now have two on the same car but it now has a BB 468 in it and 3" inlet and outlet. I think the sound may be too loud (not for me but for "others.") I'll know better when it gets out on the road. If it's too much I may switch to 50 series to avoid accumulating tickets.

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
Dare to be different. Flowmasters are actually on the lower side of the list for best flowing mufflers. I'd be looking at dynomax, borla, and a few others as well. Around here EVERYONE and their mothers have a flowmaster system. To be honest . . . I DO! And I cant wait to change it.

Dont get me wrong I think they sound great . . . but they do not sound unique.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
I had a 5.3 with an ultraflow dynomax. It sounded really good, but the interior resonance at cruise speed was brutal. I really did not lie it. On my new truck with 5.3 I went with the 3 inch stainless Delta 50 series flowmaster. It sounds almost the same except that the cruise resonance is gone. I highly recommend the 50 delta series for a daily driver.

Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts