Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Tremec TKX transmission. I have figured out which bellhousing and clutch kit I need. I am stuck on the slip yoke. The only information Tremec gives you is that you need a 31 spine yoke for it. Well, there are a heck of a lot of 31-spline yokes out there. My plan is to reuse my current 1310 series driveshaft. So what I need a 31 spline 1310 joint yoke. This right here seems to be what I need
The problem is there is absolutely no info anywhere on this specific yoke as to its journal or barrel diameter. So I frankly don't know if it will fit my TKX.

Can anybody recommend a 1310 yoke and you know for sure will fit the TKX?

FYI - I have see this particular yoke sold in kits with the TKX: Slip Yoke - T3-3-2491HP Stands to reason this one does fit. Its journal diameter is 1.685". It's not a 1310 though so it won't work for me unless I also swap my driveshaft and end yoke.

·
More for Less Racer
20,935 Posts
The 31 spline Tremec uses is identical to Ford C-6 and FMX automatic trans and TopLoader manual trans, if that helps you at all.
Shouldn't be that hard to find.

The 1.685" barrel size is correct.

That Sonnax yoke is 4340 Forged material race yoke, it's not going to be cheap.

This would be more reasonable for a street or street/strip car.
Slip Yoke (31 Spline/1310 Joints) for Tailshaft w/ Bushing - Quarter Master USA

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
So a built transmission and your keeping 1310's?

Upgrade to 1350's.

You can run a 1310/1350 conversion to get the wheels moving and later buy a full 1350 driveshaft.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So a built transmission and your keeping 1310's?

Upgrade to 1350's.

You can run a 1310/1350 conversion to get the wheels moving and later buy a full 1350 driveshaft.
"You can run a 1310/1350 conversion..." damit! Didn't think about that. Thank you.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The 31 spline Tremec uses is identical to Ford C-6 and FMX automatic trans and TopLoader manual trans, if that helps you at all.
Shouldn't be that hard to find.

The 1.685" barrel size is correct.

That Sonnax yoke is 4340 Forged material race yoke, it's not going to be cheap.

This would be more reasonable for a street or street/strip car.
Slip Yoke (31 Spline/1310 Joints) for Tailshaft w/ Bushing - Quarter Master USA
"The 31 spline Tremec uses is identical to Ford C-6 and FMX automatic trans and TopLoader manual trans, if that helps you at all. " - This is pretty much all I needed to know. Appreciate it.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
I don't sell slipyokes but I see a lot of them. please, make sure you check the barrel of the slipyoke for roundness and surface finish. As the OE's have transitioned away from slipyokes; the final product has slipped (pun intended). If you need to shorten your driveshaft, make sure you ask the shop doing the work for you; how they'd like you to measure. Some people measure the "free span" and other people insert the slipyoke a specific amount and measure from the center of the bores.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't sell slipyokes but I see a lot of them. please, make sure you check the barrel of the slipyoke for roundness and surface finish. As the OE's have transitioned away from slipyokes; the final product has slipped (pun intended). If you need to shorten your driveshaft, make sure you ask the shop doing the work for you; how they'd like you to measure. Some people measure the "free span" and other people insert the slipyoke a specific amount and measure from the center of the bores.
Yeah I am sure I will have to shorten it. I will heed your advice. Thank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.