Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to put together a nice small block 350 for a 72 chevy p/u... i need reccomendations for transmissions... a lot of people i talk to seem to have high opinions of the 700r4 but i just seen a thread that says they have common problems... and i have a couple of bad experiences with 400's... so any suggestions would be appreciated thanx
josh

·
Premium Member
4,097 Posts
I know some have their issues, but what doesn't . We're getting set up to put a 700r4 behind a 440 dodge in a 68 imperial.

Chrysler Imperial=4500# of great lakes pig iron hauling barge.

We are buying one already built by a reputable company. I believe a stage 3 trans from Bowtie overdrives is about 1300.00 outright. There are other companies.

Set up your TV cable right, Pick the way you want to switch the lockup, put a big oil cooler on it and go.

Go and look around in the knowledge base in the transmission info and articles. Lots of stuff there.

Later,
mikey

·
Administrator
9,768 Posts
ntx_gearhead said:
im looking to put together a nice small block 350 for a 72 chevy p/u... i need reccomendations for transmissions... a lot of people i talk to seem to have high opinions of the 700r4 but i just seen a thread that says they have common problems... and i have a couple of bad experiences with 400's... so any suggestions would be appreciated thanx
josh
Are you running a stock or HP motor?

Towing?

Street , strip ?

rear end gear ratio?

:cool:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Crosley said:
Are you running a stock or HP motor?

Towing?

Street , strip ?

rear end gear ratio?

:cool:

not towing...

street

about 500hp and undecided on rear end gears yet... wouldnt mind suggestions here also :evil:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts