Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out my new project journal and see what I've been doing all summer. This is my first project, and so far it is going better than I could have hoped for. It's a 29 Whippet with a fully boxed frame, a 350-350, a MII based front end with a crossmember custom designed and built by myself, and an 8" rear end. I hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I really like the front end youv'e fabbed. Those people down at Whippets-Are-Us are always out of stuff aren't they.. Keep up the good work. When done you will have a truly one of a kind Rod and best of all you can say I did it myself..:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Hey Man.
Whippet a whippet good! Duh duh duh duh duh...dud...duh
Sorry I just thought of Devo. It does look like your kicking butt on it. HG

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nightfire, she's going to be blue and yellow, something like the Boydster III. The main body will be yellow, and the fenders and trim blue or dark blue. Should stand out in the crowd, I think.

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,859 Posts
Nice work, Whippet. Any major body changes planned? Chop top, channel, etc? Keep us posted, that will be a sweet ride. :thumbupDan:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We have this law here that says your windshield has to be 10" high. Mine is only 9" as is, so I can't chop it. As soon as I drop it a fraction of an inch, I'm no longer legal because it is not factory anymore. I'm thinking of converting the doors to suicide doors with hidden hinges. The stock hinges are ugly, drooping, and non adjustable. It has a cloth roof, so I may fill it, but it would be tough because of the compound curves. I'd have to farm that out, but I'm trying to do as much as possible myself, so we'll see.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Whippetguy said:
We have this law here that says your windshield has to be 10" high. Mine is only 9" as is, so I can't chop it. As soon as I drop it a fraction of an inch, I'm no longer legal because it is not factory anymore. I'm thinking of converting the doors to suicide doors with hidden hinges. The stock hinges are ugly, drooping, and non adjustable. It has a cloth roof, so I may fill it, but it would be tough because of the compound curves. I'd have to farm that out, but I'm trying to do as much as possible myself, so we'll see.
Yeah I know. We also have a stupid law about mandatory fenders AND bumpers:rolleyes:
Here are our super strict rules

scroll down untill they start

http://www.msra.mb.ca/html/mb_regs.html#General

Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.