When I started this same thread about 5 months ago the results were:

Bush 63%

Kerry 30%

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
killerformula said:
this is a really conservative board man, its going to be bush.

K
I know it's a heavy bias. We'll see if it has changed any in the last 5 months.

·
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BarryK said:
Yes! Angry white men with guns--it should say!
I'm one of them.
gotta keep a republican in so you aren't limited to a ten round clip.

Damn 12/4 look at that bias, no wonder this board is so up tight.

·
stuff'n things'n whatnot
356 Posts
Nightfire said:
I chose "not voting" just so I could see the results of the poll.
how about the view results button! lol

I didnt vote because I'm canadian and I really know nothing about either of them, but the local radio station had a call-in to see who would win here (yes it doesnt matter but who cares) and kerry won 77 to 69. The pole only ran for about 10 minuites (4 songs and some comentary) but I think it was fairly accurate of our area. If I were to vote I would vote bush just because who has so many stupid coments or facial expressions than bush? well kerry may have the lead on the expressions but c'mon!

bush vid

another

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
1,642 Posts
So far, the real polls out there are really in a quandry.

I've seen all of them, and I'll have to draw a conclusion that it really is a statistical dead heat.

No incumbant has ever won re-election when polling below 50 percent, (which Bush is).

I predict a big lawyer cluster before it's over with.

Somebody's gonna be "disenfranchised" and we'll have election anarchy again.

My personal feeling on the election is that Kerry has a big edge with new, young voters. They haven't really shown up in the polls because alot of them are cell phone users, and couldn't be reached like other older likely voters would.

Sorry angry white men, but I think that's probably the hard facts. We're just out-numbered, a dying breed so to speak.

If George wins, of course I retract this prediction.

Brian

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
NAIRB said:

My personal feeling on the election is that Kerry has a big edge with new, young voters. They haven't really shown up in the polls because alot of them are cell phone users, and couldn't be reached like other older likely voters would.
We discussed this in political science and you're dead on with that. People who only use cell phones make up 6% of registered voters. That 6% is overwhelmingly made up of young voters who are much in Kerry's favor.

A record turnout of younger voters is expected, which is a first. Hopefully our new found leverage will cause future candidates to address some more issues directly affecting us.

·
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We've already got a pres that thinks he's an action hero, we don't need a real one.

The Saturday Night Live Presidential Bash is on now.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Yes, but, just think about it!

When the country is down and feeling bad he can come on TV and say:

"You all are girly men!"

Or,

"Terminated!"

Maybe when on vacation,

"I'll be back!"

·
Registered
467 Posts
Yes that's a fact, an encumbant needs at least 50% in most polls to be a sure winner this day in age. For resons of my own, I don't respond to polster's calls to see who I'm voting for and I'm not alone. The final tally will tell the truth the whole truth and hopfully nothing but the truth.

·
or Jeff, or Doc, or...
989 Posts
Linda,
The electoral college bases their vote on their State's Popular vote. Unfortuneatly, NY is about 66% democrat , due in part to the high concentration of Social Program recipients. The Dems pull up in vans to the "projects" to take them to lunch and the polling places. 4 years ago they were handing out cigarette vouchers. Nice!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts