48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here is a firefighter!

cops need not apply

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
firefighter II/ Paramedic / FAE. UTI grad

also been playing with musical instruments for 20 years.

tubba i have some pictures of myself break torquing the ambulance. ill post a pic when i get a chance

the rig was OOS

·
Administrator
18,426 Posts
I have a fire fighter living across the street............who thinks that everthiing I do is his business.

I have great respect for firemen, police etc, but this jerk thinks that because he wears that uniform, he is just a little better than the rest of us. Seem that he and his friends can make all the noise that they want, but I start up an engine or do a bit of grinding and the dirty looks start.

He usually starts the conversation with...."It's none of my business. but..........."

That's when I usually pipe up and say..."That's right" and walk away before it gets nasty.......................

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tee hee. yeah, id like to see those pics. Yeah, firefighters do tend to feel a little more superior, but thats because we have to to be able to havve the curage to run into a burning house. (i myself havent yet, but thats how i see it from the others at the house).

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,858 Posts
Bluepen is a firefighter, one of our members. They have a job I wouldn't do, I can't think of a worse pain or way to die than to be burned. Get me in the air over 30 feet and my butt tends to pucker. Burned bodies are another thing I don't care to deal with. I'd make one crappy fireman. :pain: Dan

·
Just a firefighter
324 Posts
Thanks Dinger,
Yep I r a fi r fi tr. I'm a Federal Firefighter here at Ft. Hood, Protecting those that protect our country. I'm a Captain/Crew Chief.
Not all firefigters feel above everyone, just some guys are what we call a little more eaten up about the job they do. Me I just do what I do because..........?
Oh and one of the most important things about being a firefighter, you must be half crazy..........
Think about it, only two kinds of people run INTO a burning building, fools and firefighters, its against normal human nature to put yourself in danger.

David

·
US Navy-Retired
418 Posts
"Thank you" to all the firefighters who protect us and keep us safe. An extra "Thank you" to Bluepen. I am an MP in New Orleans and we rely on you guys alot.

·
Start those projects someday
556 Posts
Does this have anything to do with the "How often do you catch yourself on fire" thread started by willys? If thats the case then we're all firemen!
Again, thanks to all firefighters and cops, unless your the cop in my rear view mirror.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bluepen, do you get to do a lot of work at the ranges. I think that would be cool, get to watch big ol guns blast off rounds, and then go put out the fires. 6 months and the worst iv gotten is a fiew doa's mva's, i dont think there is any oxygen in my town we dont seem to have any fires.

·
Just a firefighter
324 Posts
MK8 count your blessings. Your still young you will see enough if you stay on the job and belive me after 24 years in this job I've seen just about everything you can think of.
We do get allot of work on the ranges during the late summer and late winter here everything turns very dry. Just one shot and the parties on. We cover about 280 sq miles of training area. We really don't care for going down range to much, remember not all the rounds explode. We find quite a few duds and thats not a fun thing to run over with a truck.
Just take care, train hard, be safe and good luck in the future.

To everyone have a great Christmas and a very Happy New Year, and be safe.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
From all firefighters we thank you for your care and concern for us.

David

And Dawg I started as a Vol. too.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah, there are a lot of strictly vol fire depts. especially in smaller towns.

·
Too many hobbies!
239 Posts
Was on RVFD, before I moved. Then was on RVFD/Rescue here. The Chief advised that I was not alowed to have routine maintenance done on equipment. No one else on the department would back me up, so I quit. Volunteers running obsolite, unsafe equipment is dangerous, stupid and illegal.
Recently he got as a** canned, and I have been thinking about getting back on, if they will have me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've been a professional Firefighter for 31 yrs. Capt. on Engine Co. Luckily I can still remember the good times and forget the bad. They say "time flies when you're having fun", I must have had a hell'va party...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts