Hot Rod Forum banner

Who Makes Custom Spring Hangers and Shackles?

880 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  wavetrain75 
#1 ·
Title pretty much says it, I'm putting fiberglass leaf springs on the front of my '49 F-1. They are longer and wider than original, plus I'm moving the shackles to the back of the spring.

What I need is a set of hangers and shackles built to spec. I will also need a source for all related small hardware as none of the stock parts will fit.

I know you can take a piece of 1/4" plate, put a couple 90* bends in it and drill some holes and you're set to go, but when I had a local metal shop bend a small retainer the bends were not parallel and the hole was off center. Not encouraging for someone I was going to ask about making hangers.

#2 ·
wavetrain75 said:
Title pretty much says it, I'm putting fiberglass leaf springs on the front of my '49 F-1. They are longer and wider than original, plus I'm moving the shackles to the back of the spring.

What I need is a set of hangers and shackles built to spec. I will also need a source for all related small hardware as none of the stock parts will fit.

I know you can take a piece of 1/4" plate, put a couple 90* bends in it and drill some holes and you're set to go, but when I had a local metal shop bend a small retainer the bends were not parallel and the hole was off center. Not encouraging for someone I was going to ask about making hangers.
Actually the bends need to be less than 90* if possible for strength. If you can email me the specs or a sketch, I can fab them up. PM me if interested.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.